cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 67

Experiences with Openreach Community Fibre Partnership for FTTP

Hi,

Our comunity has started engaging Openreach for a Community Fibre Partnership for FTTP https://communityfibre.openreach.co.uk/

We have about 230+ homes and so far have strong commitment for at least half.

Wondering if anyone has experience to share about Openreach CFP for FTTP? Any things to look out for? What speeds could we expect if all goes to plan?

66 REPLIES 66
Message 2 of 67

Re: Experiences with Openreach Community Fibre Partnership for FTTP

Openreach sell speeds of up to 1gbps but currently the highest Package any ISP buys off them is the 330/50.
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 67

Thanks for the info.
Still wondering if any communities have experiences to share using CFP, what to look out for etc?
Sage
Message 4 of 67

We normally only get problems posted on here. Also FTTP problems cannot be resolved by the mod team.

You might get lucky but I doubt anyone has any knowledge of the fibre community partnership on here.

Beginner
Message 5 of 67

We have just started a broadband community project for about 80 properties with at least 30 interested so far. We plan to use the gigabit voucher scheme to fund the installation of FTTP fibre to our properties.

Would be good to communicate with others doing the same as well as anybody who has obtained quotes form Openreach.

Beginner
Message 6 of 67

I have started the community fibre partnership for FTTP recently for 7 homes in my street including ours. So far only about half of the residents are interested.

We were provided with a estimated quote of £8k excluding any gigabit vouchers. I am a bit amazed that some of my neighbours did not know they have slow internet! Around 9mbps down/0.8mbps up.

We are now in the process of waiting for a concrete formal price to be provided, 2 to 6 weeks wait.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 67

@christo_m 

Perhaps not all of the residents want to use BT Retail for their connection, as I assume that as you are posting on a BT retail customer forum, that this is exclusively for BT Retail customers?

Remember, Openreach will need actual orders before they will do anything.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 67

@christo_m wrote:

I am a bit amazed that some of my neighbours did not know they have slow internet! Around 9mbps down/0.8mbps up.

If they didn't know I doubt they need anything faster, not everybody streams multiple 4K channels simultaneously! 9Mbps is perfectly adequate for many people.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 67

@licquorice wrote:

@christo_m wrote:

I am a bit amazed that some of my neighbours did not know they have slow internet! Around 9mbps down/0.8mbps up.

If they didn't know I doubt they need anything faster, not everybody streams multiple 4K channels simultaneously! 9Mbps is perfectly adequate for many people.

I would agree with that, I get that speed, and have not encountered any issues with streaming even two HD Netflix streams. I am not sure what all those people with very high speed connections are doing with them, get you often see people complaining that they only get 38Mbs.

Unless your neighbours are getting sub 2Mbs connections, I would be surprised if there was much interest.

Beginner
Message 10 of 67

The download speed is workable, barely. The real question is what do you do with 0.8mbps upstream.