Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 51 of 67

Re: Experiences with Openreach Community Fibre Partnership for FTTP

No...it’s more like the Monty Python....’is this the 15 minute argument or the full half hour’?

You are throwing up silly propositions and arguments because you accept nothing that does not have us prostrating ourselves in front of your revered BT Group.  But if you really think that the way fibre broadband is being rolled out in this country is some great triumph of free enterprise then I really could not disagree with you more.

I’m glad you have nothing more to say....neither do I.  But for one so keen on ‘evidence’ I am surprised that you couldn’t find any ‘evidence’ of the 12-month  BT Full Fibre deal....but I’m happy to let that one go.

And....just for the record...I am the most ardent Brexiteer you could wish (not) to meet!

Have a great life...hope the shares do well!

Highlighted
Message 52 of 67

Hi,

We are just setting up a community fibre partnership and have got to the stage of looking into setting up a CIC. My local solicitor quoted £1000 ... gulp! I don’t think we want to do it ourselves as we are a bit out of our comfort zone. I have seen a few online companies offering to do it for about £200. I was wondering how you went about this?

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 53 of 67

Hi Jane,

I'd do a search for company formations.

Have a look here 

https://www.gov.uk/limited-company-formation

I think you will be okay doing it.

Ask if anyone in your CFP has any experience.

Company limited by Guarantee or community interest company (CIC) is what seems to be used.

Hope this helps.

Brian

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 54 of 67

I have tried to setup a BT Community Partnership, I have got an ID, but dispite several calls I cannot get a link to the BT Community Partnership portal so I can enter the roughly 40 names that want FTTP in my village (i.e. 33%) .

Do you have any susgetsions of how I might get this?  They were supposed to send me a link to it within 24 hours.

Highlighted
Message 55 of 67

Hi @MABParkes, welcome to the community and thanks for posting, you can contact the Openreach Community Fibre Partnership on this link. 

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 56 of 67

Yes - I have done this multiple times but have got no response over the course of  3 months.  This was kind of my question - how might I get a response?  Might there be a phone number so I could call somebody?

Mike

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 57 of 67

You have the email Subject: Thank you for your interest in......

with the 5 digit ref.

But not, "Your new Community Fibre Partnerships portal details"

When did you register?

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 58 of 67

Scratch my last question, then.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 59 of 67

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 60 of 67

I have registered at least twice (the last time last week and previously 3 months ago).  My neighbours have tried as well and we all get stuck at the same point.  We get the 5 digit ref (as you suggest) but that is it.  We never get the "Your new Community Fibre Partnerships portal details".

I am sitting with almost 40 names I want to enter (i.e. about 1/3 of the village) but I can't do it without the necessary link.