cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

FTTC Possible wrong cabinet?

Go to solution

I’m hoping someone can possibly help. I moved to a new house a year ago and at the time openreach were upgrading the area to fibre. I currently have to use a 4g router for broadband which is pretty poor most of the time. The fibre upgrade has since been done yet my house is literally the only house in the area that still is connected to the old cabinet which is about 2.5miles away (new cabinet is about 600 yards or so). There are houses several hundred yards in either direction that have fibre so surely the network doesn’t stop and start either side of my house? I don’t know the landline number as I have never used it. Thanks in advance 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: FTTC Possible wrong cabinet?

Go to solution

Use the landline and dial 17070 and your number will be repeated or dial your mobile and the number will be displayed. Once you have the number then enter here and post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

The landline has no dial tone so assume it needs to be re activated. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

How do you know you are still connected to the old cabinet?

If you have no dial tone you need to report it as a fault.

Do you already have broadband and/or telephone account?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I used this link to find which cabinet  https://kitz.co.uk/adsl/broadbandchecker.php

Who do I report the fault to if I don’t have a phone provider? Openreach don’t deal with joe public. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

until you have place and order for a phone and actually been connected you have no idea which cabinet you will be connected to

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks
0 Ratings