cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

FTTP HYBRID CABLE FOR COPPER ALARM SIGNALLING?

Go to solution

Hello All

I hope someone can help as trying to get any information from BT or openreach is next to impossible.

I have a installation booked for FTTP as it has become available in my area. I am getting it installed by SKY.

I currently have a copper line with ADSL and the speed is poor, but the telephone line is used for alarm monitoring/signalling for the property.

I have been told by SKY the phone will be via the HUB going forward on FTTP, so I am assuming the copper line will be removed, therefore NO alarm signalling.

However, I have read that Openreach are now installing a Hybrid Cables as mention in the above posts, which has a copper pair. The question is can this be used for my alarm signalling, if so how this the copper pair made active and does it need another line rental or new number. Obviously my old number will be via the HUB. The copper pair will only be used for the alarm.

Any help would be great as if the alarm signalling is a NO via the Hybrid cable I may just cancel the install. I have tried to get some advice from SKY and BT call centres, but they are next to useless.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: FTTP HYBRID CABLE FOR COPPER ALARM SIGNALLING?

Go to solution

this is a customer forum for BT Retail and has nothing to do with openreach  you need to address your problem with your ISP SKY

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: FTTP HYBRID CABLE FOR COPPER ALARM SIGNALLING?

Go to solution

OK thanks

0 Ratings