cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

FTTP Installed but cannot order

Hello,

Hoping somebody can advise me. Openreach have spent about 18 months before finally finishing installing FTTP cables 3 weeks ago. The Openreach website says "Great news. Ultrafast Full Fibre is available at your address" but when I check BT and phone them I'm unable to order anything besides copper broadband.

The saddest thing is the best thing faster internet would be good for is...work. I've been stuck at maximum 12 mb/s for years and it's bad.

Hope somebody can help me or advise what to do.

Many Thanks,

Chris.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: FTTP Installed but cannot order

Just as a bit more info using this website: https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/

I get the following info:

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessWBC FTTP
Up to 330Up to 50--Available1 Stage
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability DateWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 17--10 to 19.5Available
Up to 17Up to 1.510 to 19.5Available
Up to 7.5--6.5 to 8Available
2----Available
2----Available
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
Y

The premise/line is associated with exchange which is NOT part of current fibre priority programme.

The premise/line is associated with exchange where WLR is not withdrawn.

The premise/line is associated with exchange where SOADSL service is restricted.

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG premises served by 2.5 Inch plastic duct 56.

FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

@chrisking300 

Are you currently a BT Broadband customer?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

No, I tried calling to become a customer but no luck.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

@chrisking300 wrote:

No, I tried calling to become a customer but no luck.

Then you must have used your address in the checker, as you would not have a BT Retail phone number.

FTTP is supplied by Openreach, to all providers, but not all sell it. Have you asked your current provider?

If your current provider cannot supply FTTP, then you would need to move your services to BT Retail, by ordering a phone line to start with.

Once that is active, then you need to enter the BT retail phone number into the checker, and that will tell you whether your specific property can actually get FTTP.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

I’m not quite sure I understand. Openreach have installed it and say providers should be able to sell me products, when I speak to BT on the phone they say openreach is showing full fibre is available but can’t order yet as BTs system is saying I can only get copper

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

The BT system is only accurate if you have a BT Retail phone number, not an address.

Have you asked your current provider?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

My current provider says I can't. The only provider who says I can is Zen.

All signs point to FTTP architecture being in place, just not sure why it's taking so long for providers to allow orders to be made.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

@chrisking300 wrote:

My current provider says I can't. The only provider who says I can is Zen.

All signs point to FTTP architecture being in place, just not sure why it's taking so long for providers to allow orders to be made.

No idea why that should be.

You could always ask the BT FTTP team on 0800 587 4787, they may be able to say whether your address can get FTTP.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

I’m in the exact same situation here… installed on the street (in fact someone already has it 3 doors away with Sky, 500mbps down and 60mbps up).

Sky says we can have 500mbps down (the same as my neighbour), zen says they offer 150mbps but BT website says we can’t have it. 

I’m also with BT and called them to upgrade. They said they cannot do anything until the BT website says it is available. So it seems it’s just a case if the BT website not being up to date.

The agent said he can fill a form out which takes a maximum of 5 days for openreach to get back to them and they would call me back. Done that twice now and as usual with companies these days, no one calls back.

Did you get yours sorted yet?

Kind Regards
Jacob
0 Ratings