cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

FTTP house missed out

Hi all, wondering if anyone can help. We have been told by open reach that we can not get FTTP. However houses further up the road (further away from the cabinet which we are all connected too) can and are currently having/had it installed. It makes no sense because it seems to me they would have had to go up the road directly outside our house to connect try houses further up. We spoke to the engineers from open reach and they didn’t understand it either. 
Also, when I enter my postcode on Royal Mail address checker it’s correct but when I contacted open reach who have been very unhelpful their map showed our house incorrectly I.e much further away than where we are. But trying to explain that it not getting through as they just close my enquiries and can’t seem to actually speak to someone. 
Wondered if anyone had an advice as I just feel like I’ve exhausted all other routes. 
Thanks! 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: FTTP house missed out

FTTP has nothing to do with how close you are to the street cabinet

if you are a BT customer then enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, we are not with BT but I used address checker results below.  

1E39C30A-B33B-4F38-AD71-4EE27122B402.jpeg

6EF9F461-036E-4E08-8229-2CDDCD96DF73.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Try posting on your own ISPs forum, as people there may be able to advise you on what they can offer.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@Homemover2 

dslchecker shows no FTTP available to you  FTTPoD is something different and intended for business use due to costs

address is not as accurate as phone number but as not a BT customer you need to contact your own ISP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings