cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dunworking
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Fault reporting difficulty

On the odd occasions that I have to report a fault on phone or broadband I hesitate to speak to the fault reporting desk as I have extreme difficulty understanding the person on the phone due to their foreign accent.

Is there a phone number I can call which has a person to talk to who has an English accent.

No disrespect to the present operatives but it is a real problem for me.

4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fault reporting difficulty

If you upgrade to superfast fibre plus then you will get a uk based call centre. Otherwise it is pot luck

i find some English accents are difficult to understand 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
dunworking
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thankyou for a really helpful answer.

Superfast not available here, even if I wanted it

Message 4 of 5

Hi @dunworking welcome to the community and thanks for posting, we have brought the vast majority of our helpdesk jobs back to the UK over the last few years and we plan to have all calls answered in the UK and Ireland by 2020 so you'll more than likely get through to a UK based advisor if you do need to call.

I can't provide you with a number that guarantees your call will be answered in the UK but there are various methods to contact us through our BT.com website or even here on the  BT community forums should you need to.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
-Richie-
Expert
Message 5 of 5

BT Plus is available to standard BB and fibre packages.