cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Fibre availibility

Go to solution

I am currently not with BT, thinking of switching back but when I check fibre availability on BT site I get 3-6 mb estimated.  The openreach site gives fibre products not available.  I am currently on 35 so why would this be?  Is there any way to determine correct speed estimate?

Also, is there any way to check when superfast fibre will be available in my area?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Fibre availibility

Go to solution

enter your address and post results.  No reason why speed should be any different if your current ISP uses openreach network

only openreach know when/if you will get FTTPf

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

The link doesn't work, says it's not a BT no, which it isn't!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

that is why I said to use your address

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Just saw the address checker, less accurate it says.

tmarsh12345_2-1613406984922.png

It says FTTP is not available, any way to find out when it may be?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
I got there in the end!
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

your cabinet has a waiting list for FTTC so IF you move to another ISP then you will lose your current FTTC. Connection as it will be given to someone on the waiting list hence why you are only being offered adsl connection

only openreach know if and when you are will get FTTP as I said already

0 Ratings