cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Fibre checker says I can have fibre but I’m exchange only line.

Go to solution

So I’m having an absolute nightmare atm I took out a broadband package with fibre broadband because I’m eligible for fibre but when the openreach engineer came to switch the line across he found after 2 days of working to get us fibre that were exchange only. We’re 300m from the exchange as it’s at the bottom of our farm lane but we’re the only property this side. the fibre cabinet is opposite the exchange on the other side of the road it’s not a big main road just a country road. The engineer said that it’s going to planning because the line will need diverting to the cabinet by going under the road then back under the road to the exchange. It’s been a month without internet now and they have washed there hands with the situation and cancelled to broadband as the order couldn’t be completed and I feel very let down and betrayed. Has anyone had this problem and have any advice on what channels to take or who to talk to try and get fibre as it’s really affecting the business as staff members can’t get there work done without internet.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fibre checker says I can have fibre but I’m exchange only line.

Go to solution

Sorry, but this is a BT retail forum and has absolutely nothing to do with your problem which is between Sky and Openreach.

It is also a residential forum and you appear to be a business customer.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

The sky deal was residential as it was a good deal and cheaper than business. I am on a bt line so it does. If you read my post you’ll find that I’m asking if anyone has been in a similar situation or experienced what I’m going through. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@Jdpax95 

Sky have their own user forum, and that would be the best place to ask any further questions. 

The Sky forums are here Sky User - The unofficial support forum for everything Sky!

Sky Help Forum - Help & Support from the Official Sky Forum - Help & Support from the Official Sky F...

Sky rent the line from Openreach, not BT. There is no such thing as a BT line any more, the lines are owned by Openreach.

You will need to post on the Sky forums. This forum cannot help.

0 Ratings