cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Fibre connection query

@sundean wrote:

I’m not able to connect to the hub with  is Ethernet currently but when I run that test on my phone it suggests 29mb and 1.4 upload. I’m in disbelief tbh

That could be about right, as its possible your speed has increased since that last test date.

You may see slower speeds on other speed testers, as they would be affected by the volume of traffic on the core Internet.

Also, ADSL download speeds have been increasing recently as more people are moved over to fibre connections, and that has reduced congestion on the ADSL equipment paths.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

i think you really need to do the btspeedtester using and Ethernet connection as that is only method BT will accept if there is a problem.  The speed on adsl2+ is max 24mb and download speed will not exceed your connection speed so btspeedtester result at 29mb is not correct

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Hmm... it makes me feel like local issues may not be with the ADSL but possibly distribution over WiFi in my property? I’m An EE broadband customer using their standard single home hub equivalent (2 years old). 

Wound you recommend upgrading my hub to something better like mesh or the BT home discs?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

@sundean wrote:

Hmm... it makes me feel like local issues may not be with the ADSL but possibly distribution over WiFi in my property? I’m An EE broadband customer using their standard single home hub equivalent (2 years old). 

Wound you recommend upgrading my hub to something better like mesh or the BT home discs?

You are posting on the wrong forum. This is the BT Retail customer forum.

Try https://community.ee.co.uk/

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Thanks, EE, BT all the same. This has been useful 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

@sundean wrote:

Thanks, EE, BT all the same. This has been useful 

Different ISPs.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

@sundean wrote:

Thanks, EE, BT all the same.

In the same way that Screwfix and B&Q are the same!

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Ha yes exactly but EE have 100% better customer service 😉  

0 Ratings