Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Fixed Line Caller ID

Go to solution

I very recently moved from BT Cloudvoice as my voip phone was a nightmare owing to poor broadband. I work from home on a part time basis and as from yesterday have sky broadband and fixed line service running in on my existing BT fixed line, no more internet calls for me. The problem is my caller ID is showing my small street name which is totally unacceptable in my mind. Sky have been able to change to unknown which is not ideal but better however callers to my number still display the street name. Talking to Sky the response was nothing to do with us as we only rent the lines off BT! At a loss to know what to do as the thought of trying to contact Openreach is another nightmare. I simply want to show my number or ideally name either way on a call. If I have to get rid of Sky then I will do.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fixed Line Caller ID

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

This is a BT Retail forum  for BT Retail customer and cannot help with other providers.

I suggest you post on the Sky Users forum.

Sky have their own exchange equipment which has nothing to do with BT.

They are an LLU provider and rent their lines from Openreach, not BT Retail.

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

AFAIK, Sky only provide broadband on 'Sky' lines ( over an Openreach local loop) so what ,if any , is your relationship with BT Consumer ?.

If your line rental is paid to Sky you presumably will be on Sky LLU , ( easy to check , dial 17070 from your landline phone, if the AVR is something like 'Hi I'm Zoe, what do you want' ) then you are on Sky's network and any CLI (calling line info) you want to be presented when you make an outgoing call will be within Sky's control, and nothing at all to do with Openreach , let alone  BT.

I suspect you won't get any advice here, especially if you are not a BT customer

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Many thanks for your promt response. 

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Thank you I will do now.