cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Could anyone tell me when Fttp will come to my street postcode L89tb as you can see by the openreach fiber map planner we are surrounded by openreach’s fttp with my area left behind as usual again.

I am on 1 upload 16 download without a chance to improve speeds for 15 years and our house has had a phone line with BT since early 1900s.

Also all surrounding streets to my street from the exchange in lark lane can either Gfast or adsl 2 and have done for years, will this mean when or if they upgrade to FTTP they will only upgrade the streets around me and leave our street out again on ancient broadband.

Do any engineers know if our street will be upgraded soon or not. Cheers.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Fttp

Go to solution

@darkagedoc 

You would have to ask Openreach, as they provide the network.

This is just a BT Retail customer forum, and has no connection to Openreach.

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Every engineer that works on openreach will probably have a bt broadband account.

So I might get an answer here you can’t get a direct answer from openreach on what exchange they will work on next so someone might know here.

Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

The exchange area is shown as being on the Openreach Fibre first plan but you would probably need to either contact them via their online forms or wait until the build is near to being started as the Openreach address checker may update if scoped into plans as part of that.

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/where-when-building-ultrafast-full-fibre-broadband currently shows exchange area to have ultrafast full fibre by April 2025.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

@darkagedocwrote:

Every engineer that works on openreach will probably have a bt broadband account.

So I might get an answer here you can’t get a direct answer from openreach on what exchange they will work on next so someone might know here.

Thank you

You are assuming Openreaches engineers are aware of the roll-out plans. You are very much mistaken.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

I didn’t say that but they are aware of what exchanges are rolled out for the next few weeks.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

yea I tried that it’s frustrating as areas all around me are 2024 but saying that some areas planned for 2023 were built last month close by.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Pippincp is right. 

To put it bluntly, Openreach Engineers ain’t told S###. Not about the roll out that’s happening in 20 years, 2 years, 2 months and certainly not what’s happening in 2 weeks.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Funny that I was told by engineer on LinkedIn  he was starting on the Allerton exchange 4 months ago you can now get fttp from the exchange.

0 Ratings