Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Get out of 18 month contract after 12 months for FREE

Go to solution

Hello,

0800 ... won't thell me how much, if anyting, to get out of a 18month contract after 12 months.

My authority to deal with faults and compensation is not enough to get an answer.

I only want to know the terms.

If I leave today then then I would expect a cancalation fee.

If I give notice is it free? and if so how long?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Get out of 18 month contract after 12 months for FREE

Go to solution

You want to speak to the Loyalty team, they deal with cease requests and will tell you how much the early termination fee will be, also remember that 30 days notice is required to end a service or you could switch providers if you don't want any interuption of the line and broadband or if you wish to retain the same phone number.

The Loyalty team will try and save your custom and offer discounts, It's what they are paid to do, they will not be fault trained so it's pointless mentioning your recent issues and errors.
The loyalty team can be contacted on 0800 800 150, open from 8-9pm weekdays, 8-8pm Saturday and 9-6pm Sunday.

Highlighted
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
From.

https://www.bt.com/terms/post11thjan2019voiceandbroadband/

f. If you have regular or repeated, continuous or irregular faults with the BT Broadband service, or we agree that the standard of service you get is consistently below what you might reasonably expect, we may, after an individual assessment, let you end the agreement without paying a charge for leaving early. Please get in touch if you'd like to talk about this.

Was this in force in April 2018?
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@-Richie-wrote:

You want to speak to the Loyalty team, they deal with cease requests and will tell you how much the early termination fee will be, also remember that 30 days notice is required to end a service or you could switch providers if you don't want any interuption of the line and broadband or if you wish to retain the same phone number.

The Loyalty team will try and save your custom and offer discounts, It's what they are paid to do, they will not be fault trained so it's pointless mentioning your recent issues and errors.
The loyalty team can be contacted on 0800 800 150, open from 8-9pm weekdays, 8-8pm Saturday and 9-6pm Sunday.

Top man. Saved me hours maybe £s. Thank you.

DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@-Richie-wrote:

Update:

Phoned 0800 800 150 said 'cancel contract' got asked if I was dead and put through to accounts.

Asked for Loyalty team put straight through.

Talked laymans' internet and got put through to manager.

After 1/2 hours interrogation, I used to do it for a living, he finally coughed up the answer.

Now £112, 14 days £112, 30 days £112, 60 days £112-£22, and taper to month 17 ie 30 days to go it's £22.

Then from t-29 it's free.

So in other words not possible in my reality/pension.

Got the answer though.

Based on 18 month £27.99 with 5 months to go.

Ta.