cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Google Firebase Storage connection blocked

Go to solution

Dear BT and community,

a lot of our App users are reporting that they can't load parts of our App that are hosted on Google Firebase Storage (https://firebasestorage.googleapis.com). All affected users are BT customers.

It seems that BT is falsely blocking the connection to https://firebasestorage.googleapis.com

We would really appreciate it if BT could investigate this issue.

Best,

James

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Google Firebase Storage connection blocked

Go to solution

See message 2 of this thread.

Re: Website Blocked - BT Community

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Thank you. I reached out to the email address and they confirmed this morning that they are no longer blocking the connection. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Hi all,

It appears that once again this is blocked 😞

Regards

Alan

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution
I have emailed the categorisation@bt.com address, so hopefully they can help (and maybe properly whitelist it this time :-))
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

This still appears to be blocked.

😞

Surely it can't be right that BT arbitrarily blocks a major service like this?? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Google Firebase Storage connection blocked

Go to solution

Posting this again, as although posted before, it is marked as answered which may be preventing BT staffing taking any action.

The issue is that access to firebasestorage.googleapis.com is once again blocked in BT DNS. I haved email both suggested addresses; categorisation@bt.com and saferbrowsing@bt.com with a deafening silent response!

Please can someone give me some feedback!!!

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

@aovenden wrote:

This still appears to be blocked.

😞

Surely it can't be right that BT arbitrarily blocks a major service like this?? 

It is their system so they can block what ever they want. Having said that, if the site is genuine and meets all the criteria that BT set then I'm sure it will be unblocked as soon as they are aware there is problem

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

The "site" is an official google API and a Google-owned domain. Bit sad to see they are blocking it again.

Anyway, I'm now using a CDN with my own custom domain in front of the googleapis domain. I can recommend that as well for everyone using Google Firebase Storage (works only for downloads though).

This costs some extra money but worth it that I do not have to deal with this ISP's blocking the domain issues anymore

0 Ratings