cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Google Firebase Storage connection blocked

Go to solution

Thanks.. my reply was poorly worded due to frustration. Of course they can do want they want, it still doesn't make it right or good customer service. I think the fact that this issue was previously reported and fixed suggests that access to the Google cloud infrastructure does meet the "genuine and meets all criteria" comment, And yet it is blocked, yet again, probably by some automated system. Surely they have a white list system?

It is a bit like someone using a @gmail.com address to spam, so they block the whole domain. Bit of a sledge hammer.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution
Thanks. Unfortunately, I don't have that option as access is via a 3rd party maintained library, and is used for uploads? Nice to see someone else concerned though. BT don't seem to care. Currently I am advising use of a VPN, which seems the only way currently to get round seeming arbitrary restrictions on an ongoing basis. Of course this brings with it it's own nightmares!!!!
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

@aovenden wrote:

Posting this again, as although posted before, it is marked as answered which may be preventing BT staffing taking any action.

The issue is that access to firebasestorage.googleapis.com is once again blocked in BT DNS. I haved email both suggested addresses; categorisation@bt.com and saferbrowsing@bt.com with a deafening silent response!

Please can someone give me some feedback!!!

Thanks

I  have moved your post onto the first thread you posted on. Posting the same problem twice just causes duplication and replies, if any, are spread across multiple threads.

Posting on a thread that has been marked as answered does not stop anybody from replying. All new posts on answered threads still show up as "new" and they still move the thread to the top of the board it was posted on.

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts.

0 Ratings