cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bingefeller
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Has anyone ditched their BT landline for a mobile connection?

My current package is around £140 per quarter - which I think is very good.  For that I get my broadband, phone calls and line rental all inclusive.  I'm also on BT Plus, which is great.  I have been a BT landline customer for well over 30 years and they have treated me good.

I was reading that another company is offering home broadband without a phone line, via 4G mobile.  To be honest, this was something I'd never heard of or even thought about so I investigated and discovered you can buy 4G routers.

My speeds are good, around 4MB/s downloads.  I wonder if ditching a landline would be counter intuitive given my good speeds?    

So, if you have ditched your landline for a mobile line at home, why did you do it?  Were you getting poor internet speeds?  What are your speeds like now?  Do you have any problems with data caps?  What about streaming videos and music?  Has it worked out cheaper or more expensive?

5 REPLIES 5
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Has anyone ditched their BT landline for a mobile connection?

It will depend on how you use your Internet connection.

If you are a light user it may well work out a viable alternative but if you are a heavy user you could run into problems with the amount of data that you use.

If you do an Internet search for data packages you will find what the mobile operators provide, their restrictions, speeds etc along with the costs. 

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

please remember that you cannot discuss other company products on the BT forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
bingefeller
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

@gg30340 I'm a reasonably heavy user so I guess it wouldn't be such a good idea. 🙂
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Nobody is discussing other companies products. We are discussing 4g broadband in general.

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

@gg30340 wrote:

Nobody is discussing other companies products. We are discussing 4g broadband in general.

I didn't suggest you were but the questions in original post were open to discussing other company products

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.