cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wedgewood
Message 1 of 9

Help with BT Customer service

Hi everyone,

who do you contact in the UK if your problem cannot be resolved by BT India based call centre??  I have extremely bad experience dealing with them when our broadband was having a lot of problem for more than 4 weeks, and feel very frustrated with the level of service. I felt as though I am running around the circle, each time you phone and speak to the customer service person, you are repeating the same problem over and over again. I cringe of the thought if I have to call them again with my problem. Did any of you have unhappy experience with the BT outsourced  call centre?  Who can you contact here to understand your problem and solve it?  Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Help with BT Customer service

there is no uk number for customer service

as an alternative you can post on the forum and members may be able to help you and failing that the forum mods who are BT employees will help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
wisar
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

There is no escaping the seven circles of hell that is the BT support process.  You are doomed.  Get used to it.  Seriously, I just went through the same thing.  After four hours of getting no where I got the agent to escalate my call.  Supposedly.  I was informed that 2nd level would get to my call in 48 to 72 hours.  At the 72 hour mark, and still down, I called again and the agent could find no indication that 2nd level had actually touched the problem.  This agent said that the solution was to get an engineer (I guess Openreach?) to call me and set up an appointment.  All this for what I am pretty sure is a software problem in the BT network.  Anyway, I am now at the end of the period where the elusive engineer was to have called and no call.  Amazingly though, the problem has gone away.   The original agent just called me back and was very pleased with himself...but could not tell me what had been changed or fixed or by whom.  The seven circles of hell.

Matthew_R
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

I've done a year on the hamster wheel that includes the seven circles of hell.

Currently hopped back on for a spin as it has been a few months with chatting the the (n)ever helpful?? Call centre.

The best one today was where the online chat "technician" tried to get shot of me by suggesting I call the uk help number... Brilliant, that wheeze would have worked had I not got the battle scars from many previous encounters...

In case you don't know that connects you the Indian call centre by phone. Splendid.

Anyway, all I can do is offer my commiserations and my thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

The last laugh is that the BT engineers also have to call that team to do certain things, you could see his pain too...
Orchidman
Message 5 of 9

With so many of us having the same experience, why does BT not try to improve??

I posted elsewhere how I had the runaround similar to you all

There is a "Sales Service number I called 0800 400 456. Did not do much use. It seemed to be UK based but once I'd finished my tiraid was put onto a supervisor...............................in India  Arghhh!!!!!!!!!

My problem eventually was sorted when the OpenReach Engineer came, went to the exchange to find BT wre installing new equipment. Which apparentley India were not aware of

Lack of communication????

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9
Moved:

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9
Moved:

Distinguished Sage