cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Hi , up until last week I had fibre broadband at 28mb. My husband left me and cancelled our contract with BT , I joined sky but have been told that their is no fibre line available for me to have. The only Broadband I can get is BT at a speed of 1mg , I have used comparison sites but no where is able to offer anything. Any advice would be appreciated, I have 2 children 1 being a teenager who requires Internet for school work , thanks

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Help??

Go to solution

@Lynz83 

This is a BT Retail customer forum, and cannot help Sky customers.

Openreach provide the connections for most providers, so its likely there is no more capacity for fibre connections. The connection that you had with BT Retail, would have been given to another user who was waiting for a connection.

All you can do is to wait for capacity to become available, and then upgrade your existing service.

As a Sky customer, you may find more advice on their forum.

Sky Help Forum - Help & Support from the Official Sky Forum

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks for you help I am not a sky customer as I can’t get a line with them or anyone , bt was previous provider that is why I posted this question. Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

@Lynz83 wrote:

Thanks for you help I am not a sky customer as I can’t get a line with them or anyone , bt was previous provider that is why I posted this question. Thanks 

From your original post "  I joined sky but have been told that their is no fibre line available for me to have"

If you are not with Sky, then who is currently providing your phone and broadband connection?

You will get the same service from all  providers that use the Openreach cabinets, so if you decide to join BT Retail, then you would be given an ADSL line to start with, and you can then upgrade when there is spare capacity.

You may be offered a 4G mobile broadband service as an option.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

I currently don’t have a provider , no phone line no broadband , bt want £33 for 1mb 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

@Lynz83 wrote:

I currently don’t have a provider , no phone line no broadband , bt want £33 for 1mb 

That would be the same for all providers, unless you have Virgin Media in your street.

The only suggestion I can make, is to place your order with BT Retail. Once the service is activated, then enter your phone number into this form, and all of the options will be show.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Openreach do upgrade cabinets, and are also installing direct fibre in some areas, so you can keep checking that form to see what capacity is available.

The only other option, if you are in a 4G mobile coverage area, is mobile broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Ok thanks for your help? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

@Lynz83 wrote:

Ok thanks for your help? 

If you use the address checker option on that web form, it will give you an idea what is available, and you will see the cabinet showing as "waiting list".

If you would like to try that now, and post the results here, without showing your address, then it may become clearer.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

1636D801-FBD7-47D5-84BC-660D91EBFFAC.png

39AC3EDD-6563-4EA8-B329-902A25F2E698.png

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

B953E3CD-8FE8-4D8F-8C9E-5F2563389C19.png

0 Ratings