cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

How accurate is the dsl address speed checker?

recently my exchange has been updated in the last week think they must have updatedb my exchange when they switched over to the new phone system my exchange is now showing 1000 down and 220 upload how acurate is the address speed checker  compadre to the phone number? As now my phone number isnt working with the checker but the address checker is any do I need to call up to upgrade if I am still  on contract or can I upgrade via the app?  Any info would be appreciated thank you 

Screenshot_20210530_030211.jpg

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: How accurate is the dsl address speed checker?

phone number is more accurate than using address but easiest way to find out is phone FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see if you can order

you cannot order switch from FTTC to FTTP via app or online

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

For  FTTP,  the speed will be accurate for both number and address as speed is not distance related as it is with FTTC.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thanks will try the number tomorrow as they are not open today my number also used to work when I used to check the dsl checker 2 weeks ago Was only showing 330  but about a week ago they installed l a new phone system and that when I notice the 1000 showed up this weekend maybe they finally activated it   🤞🤞 uploading gameplay videos to YouTube  will be alot quicker with 220 upload speed  

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Nope can't get it yet according to that number the infrastructure not been updated how long do that normally takes for them to update the infrastructure? normally if you see the speeds show up on the dsl checker and the bt site then you should get it   maybe bt should be advertising the speeds hey can't deliver

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

The dslchecker is maintained by openreach and nothing to do with BT RETAIL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings