cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

How to get fiber in a flat that I bought

Go to solution

Hello everyone. I have spent a few hours trying to find an answer to my question but I was unable to, so here I am.

I previously searched for a solution for this on BT website and found a form that allowed me to contact BT and provide them information about the managing company and freeholder and they will do the talking in order to get fiber in the building. However, I cannot find that form now and if anyone could help me with that, I  would really appreciate. (or was that available for new developments only, I can't really remember)

My situation:

Last year a have purchased a flat. The flat is lease hold and I do communicate very often with the managing company as I am in the "block management directors board". I would like to get fiber in my flat as both me and my partner are working from home and the 60mb/s provided by BT is not enough. There is fiber on the street but not in the block of flats.

If the form that I'm talking about in the first paragraph is not available, how should I proceed in this matter? 

Thank you 🙂 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: How to get fiber in a flat that I bought

Go to solution

@georgeiulian53 

It would have been Openreach not BT Retail, which is why you cannot find the form.

https://www.openreach.com/building-developers-and-projects/providing-new-network

Many providers use the Openreach FTTP network, not just BT Retail.

If you decide to place an order with BT Retail, then this BT Retail forum should be able to help if you have any problems.