cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

How to report dangerous driving (Openreach Van)

Go to solution

I witness some very dangerous / illegal driving including speeding, running a red light and using a bus lane to undercut traffic.  I have a HD dashcam video and registration number. How do i report this to BT/Openreach?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: How to report dangerous driving (Openreach Van)

Go to solution

It has nothing to do with BT. You need to contact Openreach.

Write to us with a complaint | Openreach

Contact Us | Openreach

However, if the driving was so bad that you want to complain to the driver's employer about it you should also report it to the Police.

Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

"It has nothing to do with BT. You need to contact Openreach." ??

The Openreach website states "We're a wholly owned subsidiary of BT Group" so the above comment is not entirely true.

Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@bford3108 This forum is for BT Consumer. Yes Openreach is part of the BT Group but Openreach has a separate board and the relationship between Openreach and rest of BT Group including BT Consumer is heavily regulated and restricted. See https://www.bt.com/about/bt/policy-and-regulation/our-governance-and-strategy/our-commitments

Hence why you would need to go via Openreach links as @gg30340 has posted.

Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

@bford3108 

Check the web site of your local force & see if they have a portal you can upload the footage to.

Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@bford3108 wrote:

"It has nothing to do with BT. You need to contact Openreach." ??

The Openreach website states "We're a wholly owned subsidiary of BT Group" so the above comment is not entirely true. 

Yes it is. I never said it was not part of the BT Group, I said it had nothing to do with BT and by virtue of the fact that you have taken time out of your life to post on a BT retail customer to customer forum, which is not connected to Openreach, I thought you should be made aware of your mistake.

If you saw a B&Q van driver doing what you have alleged the Openreach van driver was doing would you report it to Kingfisher Group or one of their wholly owned subsidiary companies such as B&Q, or perhaps Screwfix, Brico Depot or Tradepoint.

Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
There are a lot of posts from people who have clearly been doing this for a long time about how openreach is not BT.
Wouldn't it be so much simpler if the relationship between BT and openreach was made much clearer?
Maybe BT should be forced to sell openreach then it would be true that they are not the same. Until then...
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

See links

BT agrees to legal separation of Openreach - Ofcom

How we're led (openreach.com)

Our latest report on Openreach’s independence - Ofcom

The Openreach Monitoring Unit - Ofcom

Commitments Update - BT's progress report to Ofcom's Openreach Monitoring Unit

and if you do an Internet search you will find many more items about the separation between the two.

The problem is that most people have no interest in BT or Openreach until something goes wrong and they just assume because Openreach is part of the BT Group (not BT Retail) that they are one and the same company, as is evidenced in this thread, despite it having been well covered in the press, TV and other sources that they are now separate entities along with Openreach rebranding their logo, vehicles etc with no BT reference. 

As regards selling Openreach off do you honestly think that that would stop people associating them as they do now!

Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
<i>As regards selling Openreach off do you honestly think that that would stop people associating them as they do now!</i>

But then BT and openreach would be separate entities.
Right now they are not, despite all your protestations to the contrary. You are reduced to the equivalent of making metaphysical claims about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin by trying to pretend BT retail and openreach are somehow not BT .
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@MisstickMeg wrote:
<i>As regards selling Openreach off do you honestly think that that would stop people associating them as they do now!</i>

But then BT and openreach would be separate entities. Which they are.
Right now they are not, despite all your protestations to the contrary. You are reduced to the equivalent of making metaphysical claims about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin by trying to pretend BT retail and openreach are somehow not BT . Not my protestations. It is Ofcom and the BT Group who state that they are. I have no connection with either the BT Group or Openreach and I could not care less whether they are one and the same or not but it would appear that it obviously bothers you and as you apparently know better than Ofcom I will leave you to it.