cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 25

How will this end? What are my options if any?

Go to solution

I have explained this so many times to so many people written and verbally but I will try to summon up the strength another time as I have seem some people reply with knowledge to other people in similar situations. Though I've never seen a post saying that any of these people ever had their problem sorted out.

A few years ago my village got upgraded to Superfast Fibre up to 80mbps, however for whatever reason my house was missed and I am stuck on ADSL 6mbps 24-7, even the pumping station gets 80mbps :(. Apparently everyone else is connected to the cabinet 50m up the road but I'm connected to the exchange 1.3km away.

My ISP has so far not done anything to fix the problem and the OpenReach engineer who came out today said there were free ports in the cabinet but he couldn't do a lift 'n' shift because I am on the wrong head or something (?) He advised that I could raise a Cease and Re-provide with my ISP, which may or may not resolve the problem. I'm guessing this won't fix the problem I'll just be without internet for a fortnight then get back what I have now along with a new 24month contract for it and a lower minimum speed promise, yay! I just love Broken Britain.

Rather annoyingly BT won't install a second line at 80mbps because their computer says no. So I'm running out of ideas.

Has anyone else had this problem before and had it resolved?

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Re: How will this end? What are my options if any?

Go to solution

I'm sorry but as you are not a BT Retail customer this form cannot help you.

one thing that has been said many times is that openreach will not change your cabinet just to improve your broadband

you need to take it up with your ISP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 25

Go to solution

Tried to become a BT retail customer but you cancelled my order 3 times!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 25

Go to solution

@abandonedbythesystem 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 25

Go to solution

Then why the cold shoulder?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 25

Go to solution

As I posted this forum is for BT Retail customers.  As a SKY customer then you should post your problem on the SKY user forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 25

Go to solution

I'm just looking for knowledge.

From what I've found so far customers of all ISPs are treated the same way if they have this problem. So who care's who's forum I ask on, people who reply to posts on this forum don't get paid by BT do they (rhetorical question).

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 25

Go to solution

*cares

*whose

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 25

Go to solution

Try it this way...

Imagine I am a BT customer then respond if you have any useful advice.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 25

Go to solution

Try a general broadband forum like https://forums.thinkbroadband.com/

Most ISPs have their own user forum.

I wonder if you are assuming that it BT that provide the connections?

That is not the case, its Openreach that provide the network connections for most other providers, apart from Virgin Media.

Its only Openreach that would know whether there is any spare capacity. If your order with BT Retail was cancelled a number of times, this would mean that Openreach rejected the orders due to lack of capacity.

0 Ratings