cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Hugely delayed install, several mistakes by Openreach and they still won't solve the issue

Go to solution

Hello, please see below some insanity of Openreach. I'd appreciate any help for what can be done. 

I've been waiting for fibre to be installed but each time there is an error and new delay. It's been 2 months and I've spent hours and hours explaining the issue to Sky who in turn have been hitting a brick wall with Openreach who are not accepting their errors: 

-  It started when Openreach said they had to do some installation work at my property, there was a delay in this due to engineer shortage. A few days later I got a text message telling me to wait home in the afternoon while an engineer visited. No engineer arrived and I wasted an afternoon.

- I am then given another extended instal date until randomly one day two engineers showed to dig to run the cabling to my property. They couldn't complete the work without digging up our driveway. I got permission for this and they told me they would be back in the next 2-3 days to do the dig but they never returned. 

- This wasted more time as there was no update given on this until I contacted Sky to tell Openreach, in doing this I find out that Openreach had logged that the dig work was complete, even though I knew it was not.

- I explain this to Sky, who explain this to Openreach but Openreach insist that the work was complete even though I could see with my own eyes it was not. They then give me a new installation date even though the cabling coming to my property work is not complete - this date is in 1.5 weeks time!

- I contact Sky and told them I don't see how the instal can happen as the dig work is not complete. Sky spoke to Openreach and told them the dig work was not completed. Openreach insisted it was, we once again told them it was not, and we go around in circles on this. 

- So in the end I had to wait another 1.5 weeks until engineers show up to do the install and then see for themselves the dig work is not complete, as we'd told Openreach all along. They then tell Openreach who send an inspector out who confirms the work is not complete. 

- Then today, rather than escalate this to get it solved because of their continual errors they tell me it's another 2 weeks to do the dig work! I'm at the back of the queue again and Openreach just don't care. 

Openreach are making error after error, they won't speak to me, they ignore Sky's escalations. They're a disaster of a company in terms of organisation. Every engineer blames the previous one. No one is talking to another, no one is listening to me. Is there anything I can do? 

I can't work from home property, we have a 11 month old and my partner either can't work or we have huge childcare issues, but Openreach ignore this and delay me again without shouldering any responsibility. 

Thanks for your help if anyone has any! 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Hugely delayed install, several mistakes by Openreach and they still won't solve the issue

Go to solution

You'd need to chase this with Sky, this is a BT customer forum which has no link to Sky or Openreach

Message 3 of 3

Re: Hugely delayed install, several mistakes by Openreach and they still won't solve the issue

Go to solution