cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dj1891
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 11

I can't decided between Sky or BT TV?

Just recently left Sky, they made me an offer of 60% off for 12 months to come back.  To be honest, the only thing I'm interested in is sports and even with 60% off Sky is expensive and you have to add various things to get HD and HD is excluded from the 60% off.

Then there is BT TV, Not as much choice granted but then I never watched the vast majority of programming on Sky, the odd documentary, some music channels etc but it was mostly sport mainly football.  I have the free BT Sport but was thinking of adding the full BT Sport pack anyway as I like some US sports as well, they also have 4K.

What would you do in my situation?

10 REPLIES 10
clique-al
Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: I can't decided between Sky or BT TV?

Hi, personally it's BT for me, you get good coverage of sports, football (UK / European), Motor GP / Speedway, Tennis, to name few. Also, if you take BT TV, Eurosport 1 & 2 channels are within the package(s) too. If I need to see something like the golf majors then I'll use my NOW TV box as alternative when need to. Wouldn't get sign-up to SKY prices rip-off.  Not for me. Al

@dj1891 wrote:

Just recently left Sky, they made me an offer of 60% off for 12 months to come back.  To be honest, the only thing I'm interested in is sports and even with 60% off Sky is expensive and you have to add various things to get HD and HD is excluded from the 60% off.

Then there is BT TV, Not as much choice granted but then I never watched the vast majority of programming on Sky, the odd documentary, some music channels etc but it was mostly sport mainly football.  I have the free BT Sport but was thinking of adding the full BT Sport pack anyway as I like some US sports as well, they also have 4K.

What would you do in my situation?

dj1891
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

This is my thinking about Sky also.  It is a rip off even with 60% off.  I'd actually like to see the NBA next season and ESPN does seem to show a good amount of basketball.

clique-al
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Check out the BT Sport site for full range sports on there channels (BT Sport 1, 2, 3 & Espn).

Zombie
Expert
Message 5 of 11

Bt tv as well for me I left sky last month. Price is great on bt it has the channels I watch the most on and you like sports bt seem to have it covered and it's only getting bigger and better . As @clique-al say's get a now tv pass for anything you might want. I bought a 3 month now tv pass the other week so I can watch game of thrones and I'll probably renew it again later in the year for The Walking Dead and American Horror Story on Fox, 

jam2000
Expert
Message 6 of 11

BTTV for sure. Some great sport on BT sport and no doubt more on its way. With rumoured Masters Golf and football league.
Alan-Brazil
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

You should ask the question on an independent forum, that way you will get more independent and impartial advice. Maybe ask the same question on digital spy or av forums?
My biased opinion is stay with sky, i was with sky left for BT but i am now back with sky. To be fair though BT sport is very good (i have it with sky.
ian_hailstone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Bt is good but I live in a dodgy freeview area whilst the iptv channels are great and the sport variety is ok I have both bt and sky more for the reliability of signal and keep my wife and daughter happy there's nothing worse than eastenders not recording due to signal quality, I could have free sat I suppose as an alternative but sky's variety bundle works well for us

Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 11

You're in a bit of a sticky situation there. If your aim is to save money, and you're a footy fan, then Sky has to be involved somewhere. You could stick with BT Sport and Match of the Day for the Premiere League as a compromise, or BTTV adding Sky Sports Main Event HD, or BTTV and Now TV. (Now TV will give you 720p near HD quality). Personally BTTV and Match of the Day suits me cost wise. 

dj1891
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 11

Yes I'm thinking bt tv and match of the day will do me