cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

If you don't ask...................

When a forum member replies to a post where various people have posted, How do you know that member has responded to you (me) in my case or someone else.

If they tag you it's simple, if not I cannot see who they are replying to.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: If you don't ask...................

When replying specifically to a post, or a section of a post, it's best either to quote the relevant text in your reply or mention the writer of the post. It's not that obvious and people often don't do it, which can make things a bit complicated.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

@pottyperson 

I already do that and always have done it.

Without tagging who you are responding to I can't see how people know.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 10

@busterboy1 

In many cases you can tell by the context of the conversation but yes, there have been times when I couldn't tell if a comment was in reply to my own or someone elses

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Comeback Usenet, all is forgiven!!!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

@Anonymous 

Glad it's not just me then.🤣

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 10

@licquoricewrote:

Usenet, Ah Yes, I remember that....... from the history books (Sorry, couldn't resist) 😀

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

If I am not replying to the latest post in a thread, I quote the post I am replying to.

I think the problem is that people click on the reply button of a particular post and expect the reply to be associated with that post, rather than it just giving the ability to quote that post.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

@Anonymous wrote:

@licquoricewrote:

Usenet, Ah Yes, I remember that....... from the history books (Sorry, couldn't resist) 😀

😄

There are still a few active groups about.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

@licquorice 

If I am not replying to the latest post in a thread, I quote the post I am replying to.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

With respect you know that but how do we know.

0 Ratings