cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Incorrect address registered with OpenReach

Go to solution
Openreach has the wrong address for my property. Have contacted both BT and Openreach to change this but to no avail. Could this be checked for me please?

Gfast/Fast Fiber has been rolled out to my whole community/cabinet and neighbours but I am unable to get it due to the problem with the address. 

I have an existing phone line and the line itself installed at my address reports as having Gfast available on all checks, but I can't place the order as the address is incorrect.

My neighbours also have Gfast (Same cabinet)

Can anyone help me?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Incorrect address registered with OpenReach

Go to solution

@silentnight08 

Are you a current BT Retail customer, or are you with another provider?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

With another provider but trying to move across

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

In that case you'll need to contact your current provider to update it first

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@silentnight08 wrote:

With another provider but trying to move across

Only your current provider can request an address update, by submitting an ORDI request to Openreach.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thats great information thank you!

Under postcode/landline number checks with broadband providers my address isn't shown at all.

will submitting an ORDI request to openreach with the address royal mail holds for me make it display correctly under broadband providers from that point onwards?

I assume those address lookup tools on various broadband suppliers all look at openreach's database?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@silentnight08 wrote:

Thats great information thank you!

Under postcode/landline number checks with broadband providers my address isn't shown at all.

will submitting an ORDI request to openreach with the address royal mail holds for me make it display correctly under broadband providers from that point onwards?

I assume those address lookup tools on various broadband suppliers all look at openreach's database?

Yes, to both questions.

If you decide to move to BT Retail, then you will find this forum helpful, once you are a BT retail customer.

0 Ratings