Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChaddersRN
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

InspireTelecom

Go to solution

Hi,

I was phoned by InspireTelecom to change my Direct Debit to them. They are giving me the impression that I have to do this after the split of BT and Openreach. Nothing from BT, so I am a wee bit suspicious. Anxious to get my bank details etc. Does anyone have any views on this?InspireTelecom

Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: InspireTelecom

Go to solution

scam

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
albertj
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @ChaddersRN 

Welcome to the Community!

Most certainly a scam. The split occurred a while ago and you do not have to change / do anything.

I did a quick google search on ‘Inspire Telecom’ and multiple results came up of them scaring people, similar to what you have said.

Don’t give them any information.

Thanks

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
ChaddersRN
Beginner
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Many thanks. You reinforce my thoughts. They seem to be a legitimate company so probably not a scam, but certainly questionable marketing techniques. The lady almost had me convinced at one time but I was insistent that I don't give bank details to an unsolicited phone caller, no matter how legitimate.

She really did give me the impression that I had to do something, which is what rang the warning bells. I would have expected to be contacted by BT in the first instance if I had to leave their contract.

jsbd1910
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Unfortunately My 87 year old Mother has been persuaded by Inspire Telecom to switch her land Line service back in October 2019 it has only come to the families attention when a Fault Occurred. She called BT to report the fault but was told she did not have an account with BT. Inspection of her Bank statement showed she has Direct debit forBT Broadband and Inspire Telecom annual line rental £144 and a monthly plan £38.30 this varies as Calls to Mobile are 12p a minute calls to landlines are free. When I spoke to the customer service they said there billing did not have itemised call charges. I asked what the termination fee would be to Switch back to BT this is the calculation 18 months left on the contract plus annual line rental so £144 +(38.30 x 18) = £833.40 This is a nightmare to Sort out with social distancing. Waiting for transcript from Inspire Telecom to see if we have a case of mis selling Please beware this is NOT a good deal.

Tags (1)
Gooner17
Beginner
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution
Don't go near them they have ripped my 81 year old father off for £144 but also tried to get a further £800 for cancelling do not do it!
Tags (1)
Gooner17
Beginner
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Same happen to my 81 year old father, not a nice company at all very hard sell especially to venerable old people.

PT2
Beginner
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Cold called even though I'm on TPS. Caller talked quite fast and mentioned BT and Openreach split, reduced prices as if they had already happened. I said I was not fully clear on her message and could she email or post the details but she refused. Like many of the other reviewers I have read, here and on Trustpilot, I am at the upper end of the age spectrum, a BT customer and my number is registered with TPS. Inspire may be a genuine company but definately using underhand tactics to poach customers.

jsbd1910
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

You are right to avoid Inspire. We are in the process of terminating my Mothers account with them. As power of attorney I had a long conversation with them to try and avoid early termination fee the first figure quoted was £1000. I questioned how they came to that sum. I was put on hold for sometime when he came back the figure had changed to £646.44. Not happy with the sum I asked for the calculation, the last 3 months bill added together them divided by 3 to get the  average multiplied by remaining months on the contract plus line rental £144. Told me I could check with ofcom.

OFCOM

The calculation should be the remaining months on the contract multiplied by the package service charges plus line rental if over 12 months  no VAT to pay. Say the service charge was £8.99 with 12 months left line rental is £120 or £10 months calculation below

10+8.99=18.99

18.99 × 12 = 227.88

susiemars
Beginner
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution
Hello, Did you manage to sort this out? I am going through the same thing with my 83 year old mother and am now waiting for the transcript. Any advice would be great! Thanks.