Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChaddersRN
Beginner
Message 11 of 16

Re: InspireTelecom

Go to solution

I managed to get enough responses to stop me before I leapt in.

I hope it works out for you. I have no advice to offer about how to chase them up, regretfully. There will be others out there with something to help you with, no doubt.

The best of luck!

Chadders

jsbd1910
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Yes we have do Not pay the figure given to you over the phone we were given several starting at £1000 then when pressed £646.44 I were told to check with OFCOM :- 

We have calculated that the termination fees taken from information on your Welcome letter would be:-

£120.00 per annum or £10 a month line rental
Service Charge £8.99 excl. VAT = £18.99
Multiplied by 12 months left on her contract (ends on 16 October 2021) = £227.88 early termination fee.

Good luck be warned there are other hard selling going around. My Mum signed up to Britannicap an Appliance Care company £199 fortunately we were in the cooling off period so cancelled.

Delmil
Beginner
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

Glad I found this thread.  I have just been contacted by Inspire telling me it was the same service, just paid to them rather than BT but a lot cheaper.  Mentioned the Open reach/BT split but otherwise quite vague. Am naturally suspicious so acted thick when she asked what our current bill was.  Said she will ring back in a couple of months!  Can’t wait now, I will plan quite a lot of difficult questions before declining!

jsbd1910
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

When you do:- Say you have researched their service, ask how can they be just doing the billing but much cheaper? also ask them to explain how to terminate the contract and what the costs would be, and say can you quote the offcom advice rather than finding out yourself. Finally have this in writing. Good Luck

Delmil
Beginner
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution
Will do thanks
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

This maybe worth contacting Citizens Advice Consumer Help about Contact the consumer helpline - Citizens Advice

Assuming they have enough complaints they maybe able to make a case of it, or pass them onto Trading Standards.

Also be interested to see what Ofcom does.

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"