cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
new
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 25

Is anyone happy with their BT Broadband

I know that forums mainly are used by people having problems, but I just wondered if anyone is happy with their BT broadband.  I have an order pending, but not activated, for BT broadband quoted as being ADSL2 although I am not sure the Exchange has been upgraded yet, BT Publicity Department say no, sales say yes and engineers I have spoken to are not sure.  I am with Sky at the moment on LLU with a fairly constant 17.5mbps.  I don't want to jump to a BT contract of 18 months if I am not likely to be happy with the product. 

24 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 25

Re: Is anyone happy with their BT Broadband

check and see if anything here

check exchange here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
new
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 25

Thanks, I tried that earlier, it shows 31 Nov as an Upgrade date.

rogerdyer
Message 4 of 25

NO!!! I hate the fact BT keep sending me great offers that I can't have because they already have me paying them over the top for what I get. Now they tell me I've gone over my allowance of 10 and are giong to charge me even more, even though my average monthly usage is 7.75......and I'm using my broadband any differnly.....what is that all about? Maybe a scam to make me pay even more for the next package? Would love to upgrade...if they would give me the deal as a new customer!!! I hate this, I will be going elsewhere when my contract is up with them, it makes me so m,ad to be treated like this, after being such a loyal customer for over 30 years!!!!

Highlighted
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 25

@new wrote:

I know that forums mainly are used by people having problems, but I just wondered if anyone is happy with their BT broadband.  I have an order pending, but not activated, for BT broadband quoted as being ADSL2 although I am not sure the Exchange has been upgraded yet, BT Publicity Department say no, sales say yes and engineers I have spoken to are not sure.  I am with Sky at the moment on LLU with a fairly constant 17.5mbps.  I don't want to jump to a BT contract of 18 months if I am not likely to be happy with the product. 

Hi, And yes.

I'm happy with my BT broadband, and all my other services too. I've been with them for over two decades and only ever had one MAJOR problem. Which was resolved within two weeks, to my complete satisfaction.

As you said above, 99% of the people who post on here do so because they have a problem, and bearing in mind BT have approx 6.5m users, I don't actually see that many complaints in relation to the number of overall users.

You asked for people who are happy with BT to post on your thread, so I responded! Smiley Happy 

So thumbs up from me.

BUT! - now see me recieve a flood of mild vitterol from those on here who are having problems, for daring to express my opinion on an open forum, to say I am happy with BT.

Like I said, thumbs up from me!

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 25

Yes I'm happy as well masona2

@rogerdyer wrote:

NO!!! I hate the fact BT keep sending me great offers that I can't have because they already have me paying them over the top for what I get. Now they tell me I've gone over my allowance of 10 and are giong to charge me even more, even though my average monthly usage is 7.75......and I'm using my broadband any differnly.....what is that all about? Maybe a scam to make me pay even more for the next package? Would love to upgrade...if they would give me the deal as a new customer!!! I hate this, I will be going elsewhere when my contract is up with them, it makes me so m,ad to be treated like this, after being such a loyal customer for over 30 years!!!!

Have you tried renegotiating when your contract is up, I got a veeeeery good deal when I renewed my contract for a

year !!!! upgraded from Option 1 to Option 3 as well.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 25

People are more likely to respond if they're not happy, so I'll help to keep a balance by saying yes. My broadband is more than adequate for my needs and, apart from a couple of minor issues readily resolved, very reliable. Customer services is not all it might be, but that's the industry standard; BT may not be the best but they're way short of being the worst.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Guru
Guru
Message 8 of 25

Hi,

I'm probably biased in saying yes but, basically due to the fact we've had BT Yahoo broadband for about 9 years, and I don't think we would every move to another provider.

Before broadband we were on Tesco dialup, so once our exchange was adsl enabled we ordered broadband with Tesco. But Tesco said no as we were too far away from the exchange, then BT announced their BT Yahoo Broadband which we still have Smiley Happy BT was the only communication providers back then who could support our long line.

We've had our ups and downs, basically done to the fact that we're effectively at the end of the line, but all has been resolved very efficiently, and we also benefit from BT Wifi hotspots all around the UK. 

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 25

I've got 2 accounts at 2 homes. I'm happy with my Option 3 BT BB, but my Option 1 BT BB's been a pain in the pocket recently as we exceeded the miserly broadband quota and got charged quite a lot for doing so without so much as an email, letter or text of advanced warning. Ironically there's one thing BT aren't good at - communicating!

C1Rider
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 25

Looks to me that you want to clarify what speed is available first then find out from those that have a similar speed if they are happy with it.

Generally speaking, yes, I'm happy with my BT Broadband

although I am not likely to get the speed you quote this century    Smiley Frustrated