cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 33

Re: JBL SOUNDBAR SOUND CUTS OUT WHEN THERE IS A PERIOD OF SILENCE HELP?

Go to solution

Try disconnecting all the inputs except the power. Also make sure there are other sources of infra red nearby. I've had issues when the sun shines through a window onto my TV etc. The remote no longer appears to work. 

If it still happens then I'd guess its faulty. You could then try calling the support number given earlier in this thread. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 33

Go to solution

Do you got that pdf for USA

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 33

Go to solution

Hi all. For the sake of those stumbling across this thread in the future with the same problem, I've gone to the liberty of tracking down the firmware from JBL, testing it to make sure it works (it does) and uploading it to google drive so people with this problem in the future don't have to jump through JBL's weird hoops just to fix an issue with their product from the factory.

You can download the firmware from here, this has been tested on my own JBL Bar Studio and it works fine. The PDF Instructions are also included in the zip file. I hope this helps!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CI-2KspV_wVbnGwbdEFYgF87IGOegskP/view?usp=sharing

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 33

Go to solution

Thank you so much

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 33

Go to solution

No problem. Let me know how it works! You might need to try a few USB sticks to get it to register though. I've has the best success with USB Sticks smaller than 16 gigabytes

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 33

Go to solution

I'm having trouble opening the bin file.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 33

Go to solution

Just watch out. Different sound bars might need slightly different firmwares. 

If this one (in Google drive) doesn't work for anyone, best to get in touch with JBL with your serial number. 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 33

Go to solution

Yes this is worth mentioning.

I did check the firmware file a bit and it doesn't seem like it's serial number bound or anything (the file was modified last in 2019) so it should be just fine but as always you are doing it at your own risk etc etc

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 33

Go to solution
Fair enough. Thanks for helping out!
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 33

Go to solution

No problemo. My run in with JBL Support had been particularly irritating since they had me dig out the receipt as well so I just thought it would be easier to upload the firmware online to save others the headache in the future if they happened to run into a similar issue with their Bar Studio.

Also to install the firmware make sure to follow the instructions in the included PDF file. Use a USB stick formatted as FAT32 with nothing else on it but the bin file found inside the zip. Then turn the sound bar onto USB mode and insert the USB drive. If all goes well then the LED on the sound bar should start flashing quickly. If this doesn't happen then try using a different USB stick.

0 Ratings