cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
giblets46
Message 1 of 10

Junk mail...postal, can't get rid!!!

Hi,

i've lived in my current address for 5 years, and I'm still getting sales post for previous residents. I've been returning the mail to the "BT Response centre, Bristol, BS35 3ZZ" for about 3 years, and have been calling customer services for t two years about this, yet, I still keep getting more post. Every time I get a promise I won't get any more.

PLEASE PLEASE stop it!

9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Junk mail...postal, can't get rid!!!

This is a BT customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts.(no pun intended)

Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 10

Hi Giblets46,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  Sorry to hear that we are still sending you marketing information through the post.  I would like to put an end to this once and for all.

Can you please drop me an email and include your address details, if you are a BT customer then please also include your account number.  Click on my username (SeanD), and then click on the link under the 'About me' section.

Once I have the details I will see what I can do.

Cheers

Sean

markbeech
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Hi. I am a BT customer. The bills turn up to correct address, but then I also get BT response centre mail sent to a slightly different address. The neighbour who receives this is getting very angry that I can't fix this and is now threatening legal action!  I have been returning the response centre mail (to date I expect I have sent back as many as 50 items, many with a full printed note inside or taped to back) with no, erm, response. I am a journalist and thinking of writing a  story which will make B T look very silly frankly. Trying to find a contact for the response centre seems impossible. More than once I have been promised the issue will be fixed.  On one occasion some broadband equipment, a home hub, for me was delivered to my neighbour, who wasn't amused. One last chance before I contact press office and tweet this to my 83,000 followers and write it up. It's beyond stupid. Happy to send you my correct address, incorrect address being used and account number. many thanks -- Mark 

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts.

When you write up your story make sure to include your neighbour in it and what legal action he is taking. I'd be interested to hear what it is.

From BT's Help pages:

How can I manage BT's contact with me for marketing purposes?

You may choose not to receive marketing information from BT and, if you are already receiving such information from us, you can ask us to stop at any time. If you would like BT not to call or mail you with details of products, services and special offers, please call 0800 800 150 (residential customers) or 0800 400 400 (business customers) or contact your Account Manager.

If you would like to stop unsolicited telemarketing calls from companies (including BT), please contact the Telephone Preference Service on 0845 0700707 or do this online at www.tpsonline.org.uk and register your telephone number(s). Direct marketing calls should stop after 28 days.

If you would like to stop unsolicited direct marketing mailings companies (including BT), please contact the Mail Preference Service on 0845 7034599 or do this online at www.mpsonline.org.uk. Direct marketing mailers should stop or significantly reduce after 3 months. (Remember to re-register if you change your address).

markbeech
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Hi thanks much for this helpful reply. I've direct-messaged the moderator who responded to a previous post. (This string already makes the point this is customer to customer I see). Yes I've seen the help page actually, which doesn't quite help. I'm quite happy to receive Response Centre mail and actually encourage it BUT only at the right address.  Chrs and thx again

markbeech
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

MPS does allow one to register in one's own name at an incorrect address to be removed so I have done that. Not ideal because I would be happy to receive at right one. But there we go. BT needs to get this fixed. It's only company to get it wrong. 

Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 10

@markbeech wrote:

Hi. I am a BT customer. The bills turn up to correct address, but then I also get BT response centre mail sent to a slightly different address. The neighbour who receives this is getting very angry that I can't fix this and is now threatening legal action!  I have been returning the response centre mail (to date I expect I have sent back as many as 50 items, many with a full printed note inside or taped to back) with no, erm, response. I am a journalist and thinking of writing a  story which will make B T look very silly frankly. Trying to find a contact for the response centre seems impossible. More than once I have been promised the issue will be fixed.  On one occasion some broadband equipment, a home hub, for me was delivered to my neighbour, who wasn't amused. One last chance before I contact press office and tweet this to my 83,000 followers and write it up. It's beyond stupid. Happy to send you my correct address, incorrect address being used and account number. many thanks -- Mark 

Wow that would really worry me. Let him waste his money.

toekneem

(EASBF)

Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

The forum mods do not deal with enquiries using Private message only by their contact link which is shown on there profile when you are invited to contact them
Message 10 of 10
Moved: