cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
margih
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 20

LG wireless sound bar for my tv model SK4D.

I have a wireless LG soundbar model SK4D. When I turne the volume up on my tv it display TV speaker the sound is up to 50 but not very loud is this right? When I use the silver smart remote the sound is like a home cinema for some reason. I have also seen the button marked ASC what does that do and when should I use it ?

19 REPLIES
Zurdo
Contributor
Message 2 of 20

Re: LG wireless sound bar for my tv model SK4D.

Online manual tells you all about it, here. 

https://www.lg.com/uk/support/support-product/lg-SK4D

Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 20

Hi @margih, it sounds to me like your sound bar isn't connected to your TV. Have you connected the sound bar to the TV with a digital optical cable?

margih
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 20

My husband said that he had done this how do we check that it has been done correctly?

Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 20

The connections should be marked 'Optical' and the plug is round with a flat on one side, it's slightly smaller than a pencil. If the cable is plugged into the TV and the TV is on, you should see a red light coming out of the other end of the cable.

LG.jpg

margih
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 20

It looks as thought that has been done . But when I go to settings it says that the sound output is tv speakers Is this the problem ?

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 20

yes   should say external speakers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
margih
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 20

So how do I change this please?

margih
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 20

I have now managed to change it to say SK4D (E) is this now correct . It sounds better.

margih
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 20

LG Sounder connection

I connected my LG soundbar to my Samsung TV. I think I have done it correctly when I go to sound output it shows SK4D(E). However overnight when the TV is off it reverted to TV speaker any ideas why this happens and how do I put this right?