cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Landline still open

Go to solution

I'm about to move into a flat. I discovered today that the phone line is still active and I think the previous owner has not cancelled. I'm no longer a BT customer having moved to Plusnet. If there is someone from BT reading this, could they advise please? Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Landline still open

Go to solution

are you intending to use the line for phone and broadband by moving you package from plusnet?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@peterm21wrote:

I'm about to move into a flat. I discovered today that the phone line is still active and I think the previous owner has not cancelled. I'm no longer a BT customer having moved to Plusnet. If there is someone from BT reading this, could they advise please? Thanks

Nothing BT can do, if the line is with them you don't have the authority to stop it and wouldn't be able to validate.
If you're with Plusnet, when they provide service at your new address the Plusnet system will see a working line and take over it, which would cease the previous occupants service.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Its not clear what you are asking, and as you are not a BT customer , this forum is probably not the place to ask, but if the property you are moving into has an Openreach based service that hasn’t been stopped/ceased by the previous occupant before they moved out ( their service provider could be  BT , but  could also be any one of dozens of providers ) then it’s possible it could cause  a delay in PN providing your service, because whoever the old occupants provider is , will ‘write’ to that person at the address saying someone is trying to takeover the line ( that’s you ) and if it’s a mistake to call so the takeover can be cancelled, obviously because they are not in the property they won’t receive the letter so won’t respond, a ten day delay is built into the system in these circumstances to allow the old occupant to respond ,  no response is deemed consent  , and then PN can provide your service 

0 Ratings