mazalli

Leaving BT - can you keep your btinternet.com email address

Hi,  I have been a long time user of BT broadband but new to the forum.  I have been very satisfied with the service I have received over the years with no complaints.  However, for reasons unconnected to service, I am considering the possibility of moving to a different provider. I haven't decided for sure yet as I need to weigh the pros and cons.

Can you advise, if I leave BT will I lose my email address?  That really is quite frightening as that addy is the one I have used for hundreds of different sites and the thought of having to go and change it on each site is daunting.  I was hoping that as I am using a web based email package (yahoo) I would be able to continue.

Any info would be gratefully received. Thanks

Guru
Webby

Re: Leaving BT - can you keep your btinternet.com email address

Yea you can. As long as you access it at least once every 90 says it shouldn't be deleted.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
mazalli

Many thanks. Much appreciated. By the way, I can't see the ratings star (unless I am being as blind as a bat, which is possible).I s it obvious? I'll click the 'Mark as accepted solution' button.
Guru
Webby

Can't give ratings in the lounge :smileywink:

P.S you've marked your answer not mine! haha
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Sage
imjolly

it used to be deleted after 90 days ubless you subscribed to bt premium mail - but that might have changed.  would be worth checking just in case it does just disappear one night

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

Webby wrote:
you've marked your answer not mine! haha

That might be because they read this: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13140:smileywink:

You can get Premium Mail via the pink link here: http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=27277.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Guru
Webby

Ah then it's changed...never used to be that way :smileywink:
Sage
imjolly

Webby wrote:
Ah then it's changed...never used to be that way :smileywink:

It has always been that way as far as I remember and I thought it had changed to the way you posted - but obviously not:smileywink:

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
mrlebowski

[ Edited ]

Just to add. I am in the middle of leaving bt and want to keep the 2 bt email addresses myself and my wife have. I was told that after my bt broadband account is closed my bt email will still function for 20 days. During that time I am to call 08001006778 to change to bt premium mail. I can't do this online as the relevent pages are not accessible from a mac!

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

If you still have BT Broadband, try this link.

Premium Mail - Moving from BT e-mail and keeping your e-mail address

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.