Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Pvictor
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Letter to the CEO of BT about awful service and slow broadband speed

Dear Mr Patterson

I am sorry to have to trouble you with this but according to a post on the internet you are the man to make things happen. In this digital age do you think that the service I am getting from your company, at a premium, is acceptable. Having been a BT customer for more than 30 years I do not think it is!!.

I do not currently have a contract with BT but I am also unable to take advantage of your special offers for broadband and phone packages. As I live in a rural location I am basically held hostage by BT and it’s bad service which has been ongoing for years.

I do not want anything but what I am paying for (in excess of £40.00 a month) and maybe an apology. I have spent countless hours going through the same blah blah nonsense from someone on your customer services team that promised the earth and never delivered a sausage!! I know you have only been in charge for a short time but I think you should be ashamed! Read all the forums and blogs and realise that you have deep rooted problems in your organisation that will not go away until you have seriously determined the real root cause of your customers dissatisfaction.

Today I spent hours on the phone going through the same routine to determine what the problem is. The eventual outcome was that the call center manger would call me back tomorrow! Why could he not speak to me today? Is he to busy? My broadband was running at 1.02Mbps after BT sent me a new modem, because of a previous problem,  for free (thank you). After two weeks it once again deteriorated to nothing (see stats below)

If you do reply, which I do not expect anyway, could you tell me what download speed you get and how quickly you get a problem resolved (for free) when you have an issue? Also, please do not patronise me with how many satisfied customers you have as a percentage as it is the few , that have bad service, that will spread the word.

I await, in anticipation, your executive comment and decision and hopefully a resolution.

Download speed  0.14 Mbps

Upload speed      0.33 Mbps

Ping latecy          60.38

Watch this space for a reply....(yawn)

3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Letter to the CEO of BT about awful service and slow broadband speed

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

If you need direct help from BT or have an urgent problem please use this linkContact Us.

This is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide, so please do not post any personal information, especially phone numbers, account numbers, fault numbers, address information or email addresses, as this could be used to impersonate you.

Thanks

Pvictor
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

The CEO of BT has replied...impressive to say the least. Hopefully this will resolve the issue. Watch this space

spartan
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Hopefully he doesn't just push you to his executive complaints team or you will be no further forward