cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcasey73
Message 1 of 20

Libby Barr - are you real??? You sent us a letter and customer services wont give us your number.

Can someone please provide us with the number for Libby Barr? She sent us a letter signed off 'Yours Sincerely' but it turns out she doesnt like her customers to ring her. We have asked repeatedly tonight (03/04/14) for Ms Barrs telephone number but have been refused. This is a bit strange for a 'communications' company isnt it? Dont you like talking to your customers on the phone?

This evenings experience of BT customer service has got to be one of the worst customer service experiences we have ever had and we want everyone to know!!!

19 REPLIES 19
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: Libby Barr - are you real??? You sent us a letter and customer services wont give us your number

You won't get the phone number on the forum as it against the forum t&c

You would be better posting your problem and if the forum members can't help the the forum mods may be able to assist as they are the only BT employees on the forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
mcasey73
Message 3 of 20

Re: Libby Barr - are you real??? You sent us a letter and customer services wont give us your number

I am waiting for a line manager to call before 9pm. Hopefully she will provide me with Ms Barrs phone number or email. Lets have it right, we are the customers and surely the bedrock of any customer driven corporation. I am tired of being told that the people on the end of the phone follow procedures. I too follow procedures, such as if someone sincerely sends me a letter, i expect to be able to speak to them with equal sincerity. I'm not angry, just very very dissapointed.  

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 20

Most companies, however large, prefer an artificial personal touch in mass customer communications these days. It's a tad unrealistic to expect that to confer the right of direct, immediate on every one of several million customers. Try getting the Chief Cashier of the Bank of England to fulfill their promise on a banknote.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 5 of 20

Hi Mcasey73,

Thanks for the post and welcome the forum.  Libby Barr is the signatory on all our customer service communication.  I am more than happy take on any complaint you have with any aspect of your BT service.

Could I ask you to drop me an email with your account details and the nature of your complaint.  I am sure I will be able to help.  Click on my username, (SeanD) and you will find the 'Mods contact link' under the 'About me' section of my profile.

Cheers

Sean

cb123
Message 6 of 20

Hi I wonder if you can help me, recently I've been receiving bills for a business I have no knowledge of. This is a private residence and I'm not even a BT customer. I contacted BT and was assured there was a mistake and just to 'bin' the letters. However the last letter I opened read that it was now in the hands of a  debt collection agency. I live alone with my young daughter in our house and we are very worried. I do not want to deal with bailiffs. I can only think that this is a scam or fraud and my only other option is to go to the police. Could BT please sort this out and contact the agency to that effect. Thank you

Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 7 of 20

Hi CB123,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  I completely understand your concern here.  If you could email me your details then I could ask one of my colleague over at BT Business to take a look and see what is going on.

Please click on my username, (SeanD) and you will find the 'mods contact link' under the 'about me' section of my profile.  If you could send me your address then I am sure the Business team will be able to locate the billing account in question.  Please include as much detail as you have.

Cheers

Sean

RALPHOFLE
Beginner
Message 8 of 20

Re: Libby Barr - welcome letter invites me to get in touch. Is she interested in BT's problems?

Having had Bt sport for over 12 months in Nottingham address placed order for a second address mainly due to BT Sport coming with broadband order. Paid £200 up front for line rental, kit and delivery. All installed OK but no BT sport. Phone call to 0800 assured me that I had this on the order but team gone home so would call next day. Just spent an hour on 'phone, most of it listening to music whilst operator checked certain things. Result I am not going to receive BT Sport. How can you take an order then be in breach of contract. To add insult to injury I will not get a decision on order cancellation until the original 'phone call is retrieved and listened to and this could take 5 days!! What a way to treat the public! Looks like I am going back to Sky!
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 20

Re: Libby Barr - welcome letter invites me to get in touch. Is she interested in BT's problems?

Did you get a reason for no bt sport?  Unless you are a business customer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Cornell-Davis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 20

Hi Sean,

I've tried to contact you via the method you mentioned in a couple of posts above but your contact link is not working and I don't know your email. I have a very serious complaint that I wish to discuss with you before taking it further, though my wife feels BT have burnt all their bridges and I should take it as high as I can. I'd prefer to deal with this amicably right now, so could you please advise how I can contact you? I'm more than happy to put my email address up on here, it's in the public domain anyway as its on my website?

Many thanks,
Steve