cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Live chat and X (formerly Twitter) agents.

Go to solution

I’ve been with BT for about a decade now and the level of customer service has just deteriorated year after year, mainly with the live chat as the UK phone agents are usually pretty good but don’t have a technical department? 

Im having network issues and trying to book an engineer and I keep getting the same jargon of “your line looks fine” and “as long as your getting the correct speeds then we can’t book an engineer”.

They seem to never ever ask for detailed issues I.e I’m having line drops, unstable connection and massive ping spikes and packet loss. I’m presuming the policies must of changed within the last year or 2, because if I had problems in the past then they would go through everything and then book an openreach engineer to come and check the issues (this was through lockdown).

If anyone can shine some light on why it’s like this nowadays, it would be much appreciated.

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Live chat and X (formerly Twitter) agents.

Go to solution

Report a fault, that’d be your best bet.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Unfortunately I have already said on multiple occasions, but I get the same old “the system says your line is fine”.

I understand they can’t send an engineer out everytime there’s an issue, but had the same issue a while now.

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Call 151 from your BT/EE Landline. 

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
It's been a while since I've reported a fault, but it used to get to the end and if it couldn't find a fault then it would still let you continue, but say you'd be charged a fee if no fault was found. Does it not allow that anymore?