cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Loss of line and internet

Go to solution

I just can’t believe it.

On Friday, 12th February, 2021, Open Reach came from Wolverhampton, (62 miles away) and took the telegraph pole down because they said it was rotten. No prior warning. They just took it down and tied our cables to convenient trees. We asked when they would come back to replace it. “Probably Monday” they said. 
On Tuesday a man came from Cannock (63miles away) and”looked” at the stump of the telegraph pole and the wires tied to the trees and left after fifteen minutes to return to Cannock. My husband asked him when we would have our service restored. “We’ll fast track it,” he said. “A couple of days probably”.

We’re still waiting, nearly a week later, with no word from BT as to when it will be done. No apologies, no communication, it’s impossible to get in touch with Bt.

I suppose when you have the monopoly on supplying the lines, you can do what you like. The customer has no alternative to turn to.

I am really disgusted with this “service” from BT and their uncaring attitude. I wish there was a cable option which I would certainly use, but unfortunately we don’t have that.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Loss of line and internet

Go to solution

If you go to help at top of page and then check your status does it say anytime for repair. Bear in mind it is openreach who are responsible for replacing the pole not BT Retail. All you can do is report your loss of conenction to BT Retail by phoning CS on 150 or 0800800150 from mobile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Many thanks for your reply.
My internet and landline are provided by Shell Energy, and so BT will not talk to me. I have to do every thing through Shell.
My neighbour’s internet and landline are provided by BT, so I will ask him to do it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@canalhopper 

there is no connection from this forum for customers of BT Retail to openreach. You need to complain to your ISP SHELL

there is no help for you on this forum as you are not a BT customer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

As the one upset enough to take to posting on a board of a company you are not a customer of, why haven’t you simply reported  the  issue to your own provider ( Shell ) , after all, they have exactly the same operational relationship with Openreach as the company you are apparently upset with ( BT), even though BT and yourself have no relationship , Openreach and BT are not one and the same thing.....

BT are not your provider, the work that was done that has apparently has left you without service wasn’t done by BT, so  it’s a little odd  that you post here,  rather that enlist someone who is a BT customer to complain to BT , why not , complain to your own provider, that way Openreach will be aware more quickly than waiting for your BT neighbour to do it for you, and if it’s compensation you want, it’s not BT that will provide it, it will be Shell.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

To Iniltous

Thank you so much for your helpful reply.

i had no idea of the workings of BT & Open Reach, and your friendly response has explained it all.
Hopefully I shall now be able to move on and get the problem sorted.

0 Ratings