cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Lost Landline Number

Go to solution

I have noticed a number of success stories on this and wondered if anyone can help. We have cancelled our contract with Virgin Media. They failed to ask if I wanted to keep our Landline number and when Sky tried to port it, it was gone - lost! Like others, we have had our original Landline number for over 30 years and still use it despite increased mobile use. We have a new number with Sky which I assume is underpinned by BT / Open reach. Is there anyway the original number can be reinstalled. Thanks 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lost Landline Number

Go to solution

@Keefy911 

As this is a BT Retail customer forum, and you are not a BT Retail customer, this forum cannot help.

BT Retail do not allocate phone numbers. If your phone number was originally issued to you by BT retail, then you can normally get it back by becoming a BT Retail customer, provided you are still living at the same address.

If you have had the number for over 30 years, then its most likely that it was issued by BT retail, and would now have been returned back to them.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

if you have read previous posts you will see only way it may and stress may be possible is for you to join BT RETAIL and after having a phone contract then ask for renumber to your old number assuming the number was initially issued by BT and you are still at the same address

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks for the reply and info
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks for the info and reply
0 Ratings