Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coopy1869
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Master Socket set up query

Go to solution

Hello

I am currently trying to work out this set up in my spare bedroom. I want to remove these wires as the walls are getting replastered but I'm unsure what has to stay and what can go. 

The master socket has nothing plugged into it. I run my router from downstairs on what I assume is an extension with no issues. 

Anyone advise what I can do to tidy this up? Photos attached. Thanks in advance. 

IMG_20200114_151249_compress95.jpg

IMG_20200114_151239_compress19.jpg

IMG_20200114_151318_compress57.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Master Socket set up query

Go to solution

@Coopy1869 

Who provides your phone service?

Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

That connection box in the 1st photo does not look phone related. Looks more like a transformer for a door bell. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Highlighted
Coopy1869
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Definitely not a doorbell, the telephone wire that runs to the master socket from the loft runs through it. 

Coopy1869
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Line rental paid to sky 

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@Coopy1869 wrote:

Line rental paid to sky 

Then you are posting on the wrong forum.

This is the BT Retail Customer Forum and has nothing to do with Sky, who have their own equipment in the telephone exchange.

You need to post on the Sky User Forum.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/

Someone there should be able to advise you on what to do, so it does not damage any of Sky`s equipment, or the Openreach external network, which would involve you being charged for damage.

They will probably advise you to get the wiring replaced  with a new master socket, by arranging a visit from Openreach.