cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
irban
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Microsoft security downloads

I have been receiving microsoft security downloads ever since I have had a computer (5 years).  I have noticed that the last one I received was in April.  Most unusual as most of them download automatically others after typing UPD in programme list.  Have I inadvertantly switched them off - .  I am using Firefox and am running Windows 7 Home Premium.  There must have been some since April.  How do I get them back

5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Microsoft security downloads

@irban wrote:

I have been receiving microsoft security downloads ever since I have had a computer (5 years).  I have noticed that the last one I received was in April.  Most unusual as most of them download automatically others after typing UPD in programme list.  Have I inadvertantly switched them off - .  I am using Firefox and am running Windows 7 Home Premium.  There must have been some since April.  How do I get them back

You should have an update link in the the start menu.

You should check the settings to see if you have the updates set to automatic.

For Windows 10, there's a live chat service. Don't know about Windows 7.

I had this problem on my Windows 7 desktop before going to Windows 10.

Suspect it has been persuading you to upgrade and you have blocked it. (Windows 10 is no longer free). This would have interfered with Win 7 updates.

You could try live chat or the MS forums.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Not really a BT Broadband problem but...

If you go to Start > Control Panel > Windows Update > Change Settings > Important Updates > In the drop down box select "Install Updates Automatically". If you also want "recommended updates" and updates for other Microsoft products  you should tick those boxes 

irban
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Thank U 4 UR reply.  Couldnt get into panel via control panel but found another way in.  The settings are as day 1.  Updates are daily at 5pm.  All the boxes underneath are ticked.  It does seem odd that after 5 years these updates have suddenly stopped coming.

irban
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Thank U 4 ur reply.  Have checked this panel and it is correctly formatted.  Updates at 5pm daily with all boxes underneath ticked

smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

You're more likely to get an answer on a Microsoft / Windows forum. What makes you think it's a broadband issue?