cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Mobile Roaming Charges in Europe

It looks like BT/EE will be re-introducing roaming charges for Europe. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57595913 gives the story. Should we all move from EE to an operator that will not do this?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Mobile Roaming Charges in Europe

Why shouldn't the other service providers not start charging? It was only words after all.

Is £2 per day only when abroad such a real hardship?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

It’s heavy users who will pay the most. But 25 Gb per month will take a lot of use!

Some users rarely exceed a typical allowance of 8Gb per month.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

£2 per day is extortionate given I pay £8 pm for almost unlimited (in my terms) use, including, currently, in the EU. BREXIT delivers as always... Never believe the BREXIT politicians who've always lied.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Where have EE said 25Gbytes per month? O2 yes but NOT EE
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Some of the comparison websites give a good summary of the situation as announced.
EE seem to some out well, for heavy users...Will have to wait for BT's announcements, if any.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

I often wonder whether people actually read the article rather than just the headline. It specifically says "Those joining or upgrading from 7 July 2021 will be charged £2 a day to use their allowances in 47 European destinations from January 2022." so if you already have an contract and don't need to upgrade, I'm not sure what you're worrying about.

Another point, once one network does it, they all will.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 9

Because a network definitely wouldn’t force you off of an end of life tariff and onto another one…

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Not fussed, when I go on holiday I go there to take a break from work and see/experience another Country/Culture. 

I don’t go there to sit and stare at my phone.

0 Ratings