cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Moderator reasoning?

Why have both my separate forum questions been collated into one, and moved into different forum areas when they're best served where posted ?

I can't delete them and repost.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Moderator reasoning?

I merged both your posts together because they are in relation to the same issue.

While it was not me that moved your posts into the "Lounge" I would suspect the reason they are in the "Lounge" board is because it would appear that you are not a BT Residential customer and therefore your posts while interesting and may get some comments from this forum membership the content would need to be addressed by your own ISP.

You only have an option to delete or edit the contents of a post for up to one hour after it has been posted.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

I posted them separately because they merit their own replies, which would be too convoluted if in one thread.

Can you please de-merge them, or remove them so that I may re-port thank you.

Just because I am not a BT user does not mean that the posts get bundled into the miscellaneous folder, the categories should be available to all. Further, I *do* pay BT because I have to pay for a phone line.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

do you not pay your ISP for your phone line and broadband?  the phone line is openreach not BT Retail

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

BT's pensions are paid for from the money making part of it's empire, which is OpenReach, it's all the same. My money goes from my ISP and directly to BT where my phone line is concerned, which is mandated by law.

What I would like is for my posts to remain intact, not filtered or amended in any way. I am open to all replies, respectively, in their appropriate forums.

BT it seems, like the BBC, is a little too cocky, that can change, quicker than you think.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

@banfiy wrote:

I posted them separately because they merit their own replies, which would be too convoluted if in one thread.

Can you please de-merge them, or remove them so that I may re-port thank you.

Just because I am not a BT user does not mean that the posts get bundled into the miscellaneous folder, the categories should be available to all. Further, I *do* pay BT because I have to pay for a phone line.

If you read the "Lounge Board"  introduction you will see that they are in the correct board.

The Lounge

Welcome to the lounge! This is the place to come for a friendly chat with other forum members. Why not take 5 minutes, introduce yourself and start a conversation. This is the place for off topic chitchat on subjects other than BT service problems. It’s a great way to connect with other like-minded members so why not start a conversation or join in on one.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

@banfiy 

put simply you are not a BT retail customer

have you posted on your own ISP's forum?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

All roads lead back to BT, because of its monopoly. BT has more resources and also a deeper understanding of the national infrastructure, and the advantages in scaling fibre e.g. such as testing lines.

It does not matter whether I am a customer or not, posting without revealing such would still not invalidate my question, and here I am battling with the mod of the board to have it answered.

This is exactly the kind of service a monopoly gives, because they fear no competitor, in fact the very reason why the UK had such comparatively unsatisfying FTTH infrastructure compared to peer nations.

If the next retort from you is a combative one then I request the thread simply be removed.

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 10

One question, what monopoly? There are other providers who use their own lines out there.

Basically are you saying that every line should be tested all the time (unworkable) & that a technical engineer should be sending jargon to every customer out there via a chat box?

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Although you are not a customer of BT Retail that does not preclude you from posting on the forum but as pointed by @gg30340  your post is correctly located on the Lounge board and is available for any member to post a reply to the points you raised