cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Moving telephone junction box

Go to solution

We are getting the front porch extended and the telephone exchange box comes inside the porch now. Is it mandatory to move the box outside of the porch.

I am okay with keeping it inside the porch as I have not had much luck from my provider or Openreach since past 3 weeks now.

Appreciate any help/suggestions. 

Thanks,

Vijay

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Moving telephone junction box

Go to solution

@vshetty11 

Who is your provider, as this is a BT Retail customer forum and has no connection with Openreach or any other provider.

Your provider should be able to raise a job with Openreach, for a shift of the external connection. There would be a charge for this.

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you Keith. Didn't realise this forum is for BT retail only.
My provider is Sky. They did get an engineer to look at it but he mentioned during his visit (usual wait time is 2 weeks for visit) that it's not his team that moves the box. I was then given a number for Openreach who asked me to email them but haven't received a response in 1 week and they do not seem to have a contact number for the team.
Wondering if I need to move it at all or can keep it inside the porch as the building work for the porch is paused because of this reason.
Thanks,
Vijay
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@vshetty11 

You need to chase it up with Sky, or ask on their user forum. As you are their customer, they should deal with it, via Openreach. Openreach do not deal with end users, so they are unlikely to reply.

https://helpforum.sky.com/

Or

https://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Just search for an - ex bt engineer, there's plenty of sites for this service.

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you for your help Keith. Appreciate it.