cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tommyv
Message 1 of 5

My Neighbours Get Fibre But I Can't

Hi Everyone, 

I think there may be an error on the system as all my neighbours and the flat above can get fibre and I'm in central London...

I'm currently with Sky broadband.

I've tried to put my Landline into this site ( but I get an error "There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line."

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

I dont mind paying an engineer to take a look as I think its an error, and I work remotely and its crucial to have higher speed connections working from remote servers.

The flat above and the neighbours seem to have this on the openreach checker:

Exchange name: Canonbury 
Exchange status: Fibre enabled 
Cabinet number: 41 
Technology: FTTC

Somebody please help, I'm losing my mind wth this slow connection!

Any suggestions or contacts to help me get this sorted whould be great

4 REPLIES 4
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: My Neighbours Get Fibre But I Can't

You would need to get Sky to help, Openreach will deal with an ISP , Sky are the customer of Openreach.

Highlighted
Tommyv
Message 3 of 5

I have already asked, they said I need to speak to openreach.
Classic passing the book.

I wouldn't take a fibre package with them anyway...
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Try writing to openreach. If you get an auto reply then send form again until your reply is from a person

https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0b080d

There is no more contact to openreach from this BT RETAIL forum than from SKY

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

You don’t need to contact Openreach.

There is no error, the the site you are using belongs to BT Wholesale and they only keep records of WLR3 Numbers that belong to them.

If you are with Sky you’ll most likely be on their own LLU Network, hence why BT Wholesale don’t recognise your number.

You’ll just need to order a line and VDSL Package with which ever Provider you want.