cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

My old BT landline number

I like others I've read about had a landline number for 40 years.  I switched from Talk Talk to Sky ( who told me I could save money being with them and thy would't need to enter my home. Not true) who messed me around on the installation so, switched to Virgin Media (who I already had broadband and tv with) for the whole package.  I asked for my number to be ported from talk talk to Sky then to Virgin but it got lost in the confusion.  Sky said they never had it then they did. Virgin said they tried to retrieve from Sky who said it was still with Talk Talk and so  it went on.  In the end I now have a new number with Virgin which I don't want and everyone is passing the buck.  What can I do to get my numer back ? BT said it's gone.  This all started on Febuary 04,2021.  Can this be FIXED?

BW,

Earn'eeP

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: My old BT landline number

If the number was originally given to you by BT and you are still on same exchange and in same house then only way you can possibly get number again is to become a BT customer for at least landline/phone  there are numerous post on forum if you use search facility

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

I'm now with Virgin Media for telephone

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

The only way to possibly get old number back is to get a BT landline   there are numerous posts on this subject

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thank you. I'm new to this forum and don't know how to get to this search you're talking about but will try.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Just at top of page  'search  and search for problem porting phone number

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

As already stated , if the number were originally issued by BT ,( if you got it  40 years ago, the chances are it will be BT ) and the other company’s you quote , have between them, ‘lost’ your number then it’s almost certainly on it’s way back to BT , and eventually BT will be able to allocate it to someone ( a new  BT customer or a BT customer wanting a ‘new’ number by renumbering their line )

If your preference is to stay with VM, then it will be with whatever number they have now allocated to you, and the ‘old’ number will just be a BT number waiting for BT at some point in the future allocating it to a ‘new’ BT customer, the chances of VM getting the number you actually want are slim to non existent.

If the number is of such importance that you would do whatever it takes to have it back, then you would need to join BT and arrange for that number to be allocated to you , getting a random number to start with and then a renumber back to the number you want, that may take a short while....what you do with the Virgin service would be up to you, and would be unrelated to the ‘order’ made with BT...if you don’t want to use BT at any cost, then that’s pretty much the end of the story.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Graditude to you.

0 Ratings