cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

My town is having all the telphone poles replaced and renewing the lines

A few days a go they started working on replacing all the telephone poles in my town and renewing the lines I wonder if this is the switch over to the new fibre network and will be finally  getting rid of copper?  They will be upgrading the telephone pole we are connected to sometime this week  if this is true hopefully be able to upgrade to the new speeds dsl checker says yes and bt site but when we was on the phone to bt awhile ago they said our town infrastructure was waiting to be updated maybe this is what is being worked on now? 🤞🤞

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: My town is having all the telphone poles replaced and renewing the lines

Bit odd they would replace every Telephone Pole. 🤔

Also they wouldn’t just replace all the existing Copper Cabling, they would just overlay it with Fibre as you can’t force people to switch from Copper to FTTP, well not yet anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: My town is having all the telphone poles replaced and renewing the lines

Our telephone poles are very old  where I live never seen one  ever been replaced  😂 there is alot off work going on today on my street but wehae to wait untill our pole is replaced as we only have one spot it goes into it only makes sense to replace the copper now or over lay  the fibre if they did make people go to fibre it would most likely be the slowest and cheapest package only make ense to switch to fibre if  the lines are being replaced and renewed? 🤔🤔

0 Ratings