cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Neighbours telephone wires need moving so that an extension can be built - help needed

Hi,

So I am having an extension built, however, there are 2 wires which cross my land going from a telegraph pole to 2 different neighbours homes which crosses the land which will be built on. The build cannot go ahead until this is sorted.

There is another telegraph pole at the other side of these houses (a similar distance to the first) which i am hoping they could connect to instead.

Is it possible for the engineer to simply disconnect from one pole and re-wire to another?

Also, Is it my responsibility to have to pay for this or can some ownership be taken by the neighbours? 

Has anyone had any experience with something similar or have any advice?

I’m very aware I may be charged an extortionate amount of money to sort this 😣

thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Neighbours telephone wires need moving so that an extension can be built - help needed

you need to contact openreach.  the cost will be charged to you

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/submitFeedbackLoggedInUser.do

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Neighbours telephone wires need moving so that an extension can be built - help needed

Hi @RBO27 thanks for posting, if you fill in this Openreach webform they will complete a survey to see what work is needed and let you know the costs involved. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings