cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 13

Re: New build struggles

Still no updates or anything useful from anyone. Would it be worth getting a landline installed on it's own merits to speed things up or is this a no go? With still the same issues?

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 13

@Cantona86 wrote:

Still no updates or anything useful from anyone. Would it be worth getting a landline installed on it's own merits to speed things up or is this a no go? With still the same issues?

You will need a landline before you can order any Internet connection. Once the landline is working, things will become much clearer.

Have you placed an order for a landline from BT Retail yet, the sooner you get that sorted the better, as during December, things get very busy.

Remember, this forum can only help if you are getting your service from BT Retail. If not, then you will have to post on your other provider`s forum.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 13

Just an update for anyone going through the same thing or who is Interested.

I've been chasing this day after day. Originally was told I couldn't have fibre which was annoying but I accepted it. Today 2 months down the line after countless phone calls to bt etc I've been told by openreach new build team that my property will have full fttp.

This is great news for the long run however they wont give me a timescale for connection which is worrying. As I dont even have the fttp kit installed in my property yet.

According to openreach they should have installed it two or three days before I moved in. I'm guessing this was down to the developer somewhere along the line. Such a frustrating mess that could have been resolved. I blamed bt developer and openreach in many annoyed phone calls.

These companies need to learn to communicate if they had of said from the start it's going to be around 3 months and then you can have fttp at least you know what you're dealing with.

As it stands I'm in a better position long term but god knows how long it will take in the short term