cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ssrco02
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

New email login page scam advert - Beware.

On 23rd December my other half saw an advert on the new email login page for a 14 day trial of something called RVTL Anti Aging cream, all you had to pay was the postage (£2.99). This is basically a scam as the 14 day clock starts as soon as you click and there is a nasty £95 surprise taken from your credit card 14 days later unless you cancel before. The £95 is not mentioned anywhere you can see it when you place the order.

In our case with Christmas and New Year holidays the product did not even arrive until day 15 so there was no chance to cancel before the deadline. We called their service desk and was told bluntly that the 14 days had expired and they had taken the money. The bank also informed us they could not stop the transaction, although any future ones will be refused.

The company names concerned seem to be  Sheridan Labs and JEM Marketing of Cranleigh in Surrey and Equinox Beauties operating from a PO box in Linlithgow.  I did a quick search yesterday when we realised what was going on and it seems to be a well known problem. My Norton anti-virus even flags some of their RVTL web pages as unsafe.

I am very surprised and shocked that BT would allow such scammers to operate from the BT mail website and have asked BT for an explanation.

Tags (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 14

Re: New email login page scam advert - Beware.

Their T&C below are from the RVTLSKIN company website about the trial offer.

Trial Offer and Continuity Plan Summary

For UK Customer: +44 20 3014 0761 | customerservice@rvtlskin.co.uk

To help you get started, we offer a 14-days trial of RVTL Anti Aging with the eligibility of automatic enrollment in our home delivery program. You can try RVTL Anti Aging risk free to determine for yourself, if this product is right for you. When you submit your order, you automatically agree to pay the non-refundable discounted shipping & handling cost of £6.95 for your trial for a full 30 day supply of RVTL Anti Aging.

If you find that the product is not right for you, simply call our Customer Support Center or the numbers shown on your bank statement you can also send an email to cancel your membership before the end of your 14-day trial period and you will not be charged the full price of the RVTL Anti Aging. Your 14-day trial period begins at the date of order our products are normally delivered within 3 to 5 business days from the time of ordering. If you do not receive your trial bottles within five (5) business days of placing the order, please contact our Customer Service Center or numbers shown on your bank statement our support staff is available to give you more updated information on the estimated delivery time along with the tracking info.  

If you do not cancel before the end of your 14-day trial, we consider you as our valued member of home delivery program and charge the credit card on file the full price of eighty nine pound. £95.95 (£89.00 + £6.95 Shipping & Handling) will be charged on the 30th day from the order and  30days  there after your credit card on file will be billed for the fresh pair of full 30-day supply of RVTL Anti Aging until you choose to cancel the home delivery program. No further notice will be sent by the Company.

Not really a scam as they clearly state the terms and costs, but still hard to take.

toekneem

(EASBF)

ssrco02
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

I agree you can find those terms on their website but they were well hidden when we took the offer via the links from the BT email login page.
Also a bit hard to accept that the 14 day trial included the Christmas and NewYear holiday period and the stuff was not even delivered during that 14 days - so we would have had to cancel before even receiving it.
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 14

Isn't the real scam the claim that slopping goo on your skin can stop you ageing?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 5 of 14

While surfing on the internet, I saw an advert where a company, was offering a free trial offer for their product EQUINOX which is an anti-aging eye cream. The offer seemed quite attractive as I could actually try the cream first and then had to pay for it. I immediately provided my information and waited anxiously for my order. When I opened the bottle after it got delivered, I was vexed to find such a little quantity of the cream.

ssrco02
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

URGENT.   MAKE SURE YOU CANCEL before the 14 day trial period ends or you will get charged for the full amount. That is where they get you and it will be impossible to stop the payment on your card.

viviana
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Don't click the link (if there is) on the message that you recieve because once you click. They will have access to your credit card information.

Message 8 of 14

One day, I was notified about a deduction from my bank account. On my inquiry from the bank, I was told that you are charged by Sheridan labs, which made me wonder why. Do you have any complaints, please share your views below

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

@richarddavis wrote:

One day, I was notified about a deduction from my bank account. On my inquiry from the bank, I was told that you are charged by Sheridan labs, which made me wonder why. Do you have any complaints please share your views below

If they took a payment it was because YOU gave them your bank details. If you have a complaint about the company you should take it up with them.  In my opinion this forum is not the place to post complaints about other companies, there are plenty other forums for that.

Message 10 of 14

I will share my story with all the readers who want to know about Phoenix labs and its product RVTL.